Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best car cover for outdoor use???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 07:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best car cover for outdoor use???

Well my garage is filled to the max and my Formula lives outside now. It is in great shape and I want to keep it that way, so I want to get a waterproof, sunproof etc... cover that will survive the elements. I have used the wal mart $20 covers before and they are useless and suck bad. So any ideas of a good cover and where I can get one???
Old 07-15-2004, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm sure that at least one of the sponsors on this site has some....

------------------------------------->>>
Old 07-15-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got the stormweave car cover from california car cover co. they are a little pricey, but i am very happy with mine
Old 07-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Launching!

I would also recommend the Stormweave. I have one. It is ideal for all weather conditions. I live outside of Washington, DC so I get all different types of weather and conditions here: high pollen in the spring, hot humid summers, leaf dust in the fall, and snow in the winter. The Stormweave does a good job of keeping it off my finish. The one thing that is a drawback to the cover is that since it is more heavy duty, you must take it to a laundromat in order to clean it. It will not wash well in a normal washing machine, even if you have a larger capacity one.

Also, I'd recommend if you do start to use a car cover, make sure you keep the finish of the car clean before putting on a clean cover. If you have particulates on your finish (or the inside of the cover) and you put on a cover, it will act just like sandpaper and scratch your finish. I would invest in a California duster. This is a great thing to use after you take your F-Body out for a drive, as it will get pretty much any particulate you pick up on the drive. The only exception is when the car gets wet, then you'll have to wash it, as the moisture will cause the particulates to bond and the California duster won't pick it up.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree on the california duster, but when I was shopping for a car cover, everyone HIGHLY recommended one made by Wolf, and their Evolution series...so far it's awesome!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

get a good one from the California car cover co. like the one recommended above. My mom had a cover from California car cover that let all of the dust pass through; it wasn't a StormWeave though.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

Very, very happy with my Noah car cover from Afterthoughts Auto.

Quick Reply: Best car cover for outdoor use???