Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

tach mount and tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tach mount and tips?

hey guys.......

i just bought my first tach, a pro-comp dual range silver 5" autometer. beautiful piece! i can't wait to install it, but the directions say that some dis ignitions may need modifications to work correctly. a local guy by me said he believed i would have to snip the brown and orange, (i think), wires to set it up for 4 cylinder use. something about the stock ign. system. can anyone confirm? also, if you have any pics it might be helpful, thanks.

for now though, i have bought a tach mount bracket from UPR, a ford aftermarket company, and it looks like it would work beautifully. it mounts between the dash and radio/ac/etc. trim, comes out and up on a 45* angle and points the tach towards the driver for better viewing. seems doable on f-bodies as well as any car you can find a place to screw the bracket into behind the dash.

anyway, thanks for your input.
Dave
Old 07-28-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can see pics of mine in the link in my sig. I mounted mine on the dash. As far as the wiring I think the guy is right but I'll have to go and look at mine to be sure.