Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SLP sticker

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP sticker

Hey,

I've noticed that one of the sides of my SLP modification door sticker is starting to come up a bit.. Nothing crazy, just one of the corners has started to peel away. What would be best to have this stuck back on? Just some super glue or? I feel silly asking this but thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2022, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts

Super glue could damage the film of the sticker. Get some super duty 3M spray on adhesive. I'd suggest spraying the adhesive on a piece of cardboard and then using a small brush or touch up stick dab some of the adhesive under the corner of the sticker. Let the adhesive dry a bit and get super sticky, then press it down and hold it there for a short while.
Old 07-16-2022, 02:57 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I used Loctite UltraGel (super glue), applied with the tip of a toothpick, to glue down the corner of the MAF decal when it began to peel away from the center section, probably ~6 years ago. It did no damage to the sticker and has held up perfectly for all these years. This is a show vehicle, I am very picky about it, and there was literally no damage at all to the sticker from using this glue. Not sure if the door decals are exactly the same material, but thought I'd share my experience.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I'll go with one of these.

Quick Reply: SLP sticker