Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

reproduction interior parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Smile reproduction interior parts?

Hello,

It's been a few years since I've had an F-Body and the last time I did, reproduction interior parts weren't available yet. I need a few replacement plastic interior pieces because mine are cracked and was wondering how the fitment, color (Ebony), and quality are on things such as the "6-Speed Upper Console/Shifter Plate Assembly" (the upper plastic console piece where the shifter boot, cigarette lighter, and ashtray are) and "Door Handle Trim Bezel" (the plastic piece behind the door handle, lock, and door controls are)?

You can find these reproduction parts from quite a few places online but I'm sure its all being made by one company overseas. Anyways, how are they? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2024, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried Hawks Motorsports they usually have new and used interior. https://www.hawksmotorsports.com/
Thanks
Old 02-09-2024, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, I saw their new reproduction parts and that is kinda the point of this thread - are they any good? How is the fitment, color (Ebony), and quality?
Old 02-09-2024, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother owns since new 1986 Trans AM 305 TPI 700R4 T-Top with overhead console car, purchased the headliner, sunseekers and rear speaker from Hawks and the colour and fitment is dead on. Quality it amassing, made from plastic and wrapped in fabric. I was very surprised. I am a GM Technician and a very picky guy when it comes to cars. I might be able to find the picture that we took.

I purchased the reproduction floor mats and rear hatch mat from Hawks for my 2002 Camaro SS SLP and compare to my original mats and you can't tell the difference. The only reason that I purchased the mats was so I don't dirty my original ones. I hope you find this helpful.
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (02-13-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Hawks is usually quite good in my experience. I have purchased their center console lid ('97-'99 Dark Gray/Dark Pewter) and it was a very, very close match to an NOS original. Not perfect, but extremely close and probably would look perfect to most folks unless they were comparing it directly to an NOS GM piece. Very nice piece overall.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (02-13-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you, GM DR and RPM WS6. i was a bit conflicted between paying similar prices for used OE pieces in good condition or the new reproductions ones. considering the used OE pieces are 20 years old, i think they're more susceptible to breaking during R&R than the new reproductions. just wanted to make sure the quality was good and they fit and looked good though.

Quick Reply: reproduction interior parts?