Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dash cover mat from lethal interiors

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 01:30 AM
Launching!

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Dash cover mat from lethal interiors

Hey guys, hope you’re doing well.

Would you recommend I get a dash cover mat from lethal interiors for my 02 T/A or is there a better alternative?

It seems that a lot of members here bought from that site but the user is now banned for some reason.

I’m only looking for the dash mat cover to protect the dashboard. Even if I get one I don’t want to put Velcro I’ll just put it as is and I’ve read that members here didn’t need to put Velcro to let it stay in place.

what do you suggest guys?

I appreciate your help, thank you

https://www.lethalinteriors.com/dashpadcovers.html

Old 03-17-2024, 01:46 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

The account may have been banned due to being an ex-sponsor. We often remove access to sponsor accounts if the user no longer wishes to be a sponsor (though they are still welcome to post under a personal account).

Unless the car is continually parked in intense sunlight, I wouldn't worry about the dash. In fact, I would prefer to use a sun shield/visor that blocks the whole windshield when the car is parked (if not in shade). I don't think there is too much worry about exposure while the vehicle is in operation as, presumably, you'll either have the windows open or the A/C on (so either way, the interior won't be nearly as hot as being closed up and parked). I guess there is the matter of UV fade even without the heat, but that cover doesn't protect the whole dash so that's still an issue. Personally, I just don't like the appearance of the cover so I wouldn't want to look at that while driving (and the full window sun shield would be better protection when parked).
The following users liked this post:
d-mob (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The account may have been banned due to being an ex-sponsor. We often remove access to sponsor accounts if the user no longer wishes to be a sponsor (though they are still welcome to post under a personal account).

Unless the car is continually parked in intense sunlight, I wouldn't worry about the dash. In fact, I would prefer to use a sun shield/visor that blocks the whole windshield when the car is parked (if not in shade). I don't think there is too much worry about exposure while the vehicle is in operation as, presumably, you'll either have the windows open or the A/C on (so either way, the interior won't be nearly as hot as being closed up and parked). I guess there is the matter of UV fade even without the heat, but that cover doesn't protect the whole dash so that's still an issue. Personally, I just don't like the appearance of the cover so I wouldn't want to look at that while driving (and the full window sun shield would be better protection when parked).
thank you very much for the above clarification 😊
I actually live overseas in UAE 🇦🇪 I park my T/A under the shade and I always put a car cover plus a sun shield from the inside but nothing fancy. I agree with you regarding the dash cover, I also wouldn’t prefer it, if I was going to buy one it would be just to protect the dash.

thanks again 👍
Old 03-17-2024, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one and do not use the velcro and it has never moved. The car spends time between the garage and driveway. Hope that helps you.
d-mob (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tone-NY
I have one and do not use the velcro and it has never moved. The car spends time between the garage and driveway. Hope that helps you.
Many thanks for the above reply 👍
Old 05-14-2024, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I would prefer to use a sun shield/visor that blocks the whole windshield when the car is parked (if not in shade).
^^This^^
I also have a "garage queen", and live in a very warm climate (SoCal). In the garage I keep Sara (2001 Z28) covered, and when she is outside on a hot sunny day, I keep her windows cracked, with a UV protected sun shade. She is 23 years young, and I do not have any problems with the dash cracking. I use a liberal amount of Armor all leather gel on her dash when I have her detailed (twice a year).
d-mob (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SteveC
^^This^^
I also have a "garage queen", and live in a very warm climate (SoCal). In the garage I keep Sara (2001 Z28) covered, and when she is outside on a hot sunny day, I keep her windows cracked, with a UV protected sun shade. She is 23 years young, and I do not have any problems with the dash cracking. I use a liberal amount of Armor all leather gel on her dash when I have her detailed (twice a year).
thank you for sharing the above information 😊

Quick Reply: Dash cover mat from lethal interiors