Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has Anyone Ever Used Colorsheild International?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has Anyone Ever Used Colorsheild International?

Hi everyone.

In Australia there is a product that is little know about but claiming big results. The product is called Coloursheild International. The only allowed Australian distributor tells me this product is huge in the U.S.A. and Canada, and also claims it has sent Ming/Wax Guard bankrupt in the U.S.A. also because this stuff is so good.

The product appears to be made Autocom Systems, and also has a "Gard Group" label on the bottles.

The distributor here claims that your car will not need polishing or waxing for 5yrs and comes with a full 5yr warranty to back up the claim. I applied this product in January 2003 and all I ever did was wash my car in the Neuteral ph Car Wash Solution they supply and recommend you wash it. They claim because it contains "teflon" it's easy to clean and dirt/road grime etc etc just wipes straight off. I must admit I was happy with it as it bought out a great lustue, brilliant definition and wet-look. I took the product off my car in June this year as I applied Zaino Brothers product. I'm a paint freak, and I always prefer that fresh just waxed appearance. I was very happy with the Zaino (just dissapointed with Sal's lack of help when trying to obtain some over here and told basically to bugger off and buy it from someone either in Germany or Japan )

I have since read on another well known car care forum that "teflon" is only useful if applied at over 700 degress celcius (sorry people not sure of the degrees celcius to farenheight conversion). This Coloursheild International product claims it's used and recommended by the U.S. Navy on all warships.

I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has used this product and if so what are your thoughts on it? Is what the Australian distributor telling me in regards to it being so popular in the U.S absolute and also in regards to it bankrupting Ming/Wax Guard or is this product the "bees knees" so to speak and the new next generation in paint treatment and protection?

If you have never heard of it then here is their website www.colourshield.com

I am now a user of Zaino and quite happy, however if the owner of Zaino doesn't start to satisfy the Australian market then I will be returning back to Swissol "Mystery"

Thanks for your help
Old 08-03-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly never heard of it . . .
Old 08-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't go for the Teflon hype. It can't properly bond. There was a lawsuit a while back which banned tons and tons of people from putting it on their labels....false advertising.

It *seems* (I NEVER used it) like just another polymer sealent. Zaino, Klasse, Liquid Glass, Blackfire and Plaitnum are proven products that we all know will last quite some time.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joe for that, much apreciated. I have managed to find out that this actual product is sold in the U.S under the name of "5 Star Shine" as the patent # is indentical to it also. Seems that there must be something a litle fishy in the waters between the U.S.A and Australia . If anyone else has any information on this I would really like to hear about it, be it good or bad so at least we can make an informed opinion over here in regards to the product before use rather than being feed I think what you call "balony".