Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need pics of black painted intake in black car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow need pics of black painted intake in black car.

I'm pretty much done with the car as far as performance (for now, I'm broke.) I did the exterior before anything and I'm very pleased with that. I didn't over do it... no grille w/ gutter guard (looks expensive) , tinted windows, lowered, shiny Fikse FM-5's, red calipers w/black brackets and zinc plated, cross-drilled, slotted rotors. It has a very stealthy look and the red calipers and SS badges really stand out and set it off, just enough to accent.

I bought a ported red throttle body and now the rest of the engine looks like $hit, no joke. I want to do the engine bay just like the exterior; clean looking, solid colors with a few accents. I hate the bays with red everything and yellow wire loom going everywhere. I'm basically gonna paint everything black except for the valve covers, throttle body and MAF ends, they will be red. It will still stand out and look different, I think, because it will be painted black and not dull plastic black.

Does anyone have pictures of a painted black intake in a black car? I would really appreciate it. Thanks- Mike W.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have pics of black intakes..

But I do know a couple things that you can do.. to perk up the engine bay..

I just did a couple ( I'm broke 2)

!Wire -- ~$20
Paint Valvecovers -- ~25
-Coilpacks
-Brackets
A good soapy wash down --- $ FREE

Good Luck Man