Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Paint Repair - Hole in Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Paint Repair - Hole in Paint?

Ehh, so I had to park on the street the other day, and saw a white spot on my drivers side door. "Damn Birds" i thought. So I go to wash it and I realize it's not from a bird, the white spot goes INTO the paint (argggh!). Now this is no small little hole, it's just a little bit smaller than a dime and right in line with the door handle.

I've seen some guides on how to repair scratches, but I'm afraid since this appears to go significantly into the paint (1MM? maybe 2mm? not slight) that wouldn't work.

Short of a full re-paint, what are my options?

P.S. I love how when I went to wash it i rubbed some of the stuff under the paint across my door and left a white streak Gotta fix that.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

get some touch up paint and deal with it until you can afford a new paint job. Most parts stores carry DupliColor bottles for about 5 bucks.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

you can also go to the dealer and they can get you touch up paint to match your color exactly. Last time I went they didn't even charge me for it. You apply it like nail polish. I've also heard of someone who got Sunset Orange Metallic paint, but in an aerosol can. I think he said he got it from the dealer. Do a search on that and you will likely find several threads.