Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clear corners worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clear corners worth it?

so i've been searching for info about clear corner lenses and now know about their condensation problems,melting problems, leaking, blowing bulbs...

i've also heard about some solutions to these problems; sealing the clear corners myself, drilling holes at the bottom, or usin LED's

I would like to here your thoughts about whether or not you feel the clear corners are worth the hassel(on all the camaro colors in case some else has the same question as i do) but specifically on a red SS cause thats what i have.

...are they worth putting on my car?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:58 PM
PR Director

It all comes down to you and your personal taste. I personally wouldn't put clear corners on my black TA but I think they look good on a camaro. Do what you like because in the end its your car and you are the only thats going to be looking at it and pimping it out!
Old 09-20-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had them on my 99 SS ( red ) but have not installed them on my 02 Hot Rod, I thought the car looked much nicer with the clear lenses in the front. Two of my friends also installed them and they have had no problems with them, we got them from http://www.pacificie.com/index-1.htm .

Al
Old 09-20-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PitBull
It all comes down to you and your personal taste. I personally wouldn't put clear corners on my black TA but I think they look good on a camaro. Do what you like because in the end its your car and you are the only thats going to be looking at it and pimping it out!
Thats is why i am getting rid of mine....looked alright at first, but started to ruin then lines and the focal point was the damn clear corners
Old 09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

I think they are one of the best mods you can do on a Camaro. I like the look A LOT better than the stock amber ones but it really is just personal taste. The mod is a pretty easy one and the problems are really just hit and miss - I haven't had ANY issues with mine and they have been on for almost 4 years. If you seal them well with silicon before you install (which I didn't do by the way) I don't think you will have any problems. I use orange replacement bulbs in mine rather than the stock clear bulbs. No need to go to LED's.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

i have had mine for over a year and the only thing that i had to do was drill holes in the bottom so they will drain and on the top so what water is left will dry
Old 09-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

On pretty much most colors I'd do it in an instant. I have personally had no problems with my clear corners for over 2 years and I didn't have to do any of those 'fixes'.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

I remember somebody wrote up a little install on here for putting these in. Now that I've bought a set, I can't seem to find it. Anybody got a link?
Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Z28vert
I remember somebody wrote up a little install on here for putting these in. Now that I've bought a set, I can't seem to find it. Anybody got a link?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showt...er+install+pics

hope that helps.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00SS9000
Thanks, but the link doesn't seem to work?
Old 09-21-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

These are the main reasons I havent bought the clear corners yet. From what I have hear, if you get the better quality (most expensive) you do not have these problems. I belive http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com sells them and they are a sponsor --------------------------------------->
Old 09-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for your .02 guys

yeah the link above doesn't seem to work but i was able to find an install write-up with pics.... any one looking for it just do a search on "clear corner install" (...sorry, dont know how to add that link on to here)

it doesnt tell or show where to drill holes on it though, so any one got pics of that? i would like to see it first before i do it so i dont mess up

Quick Reply: Clear corners worth it?