Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Completely custom interior...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely custom interior...

Sadly, my 98 chameleon Firebird (V6) was side-swiped on the thruway while I was on my way to class. The car did a 360 and hit a concrete dividing wall and is completely totalled. Although I'll miss the car, and especially the color...I'm getting a nice amount of insurance money so this is an excuse to buy a Trans Am (same yr or newer). (The engine is fine but the entire frame of the car is shifted to the left. If anyone is interested in parts, let me know and I'll get back to ya with what I have in unharmed condition).

The good news, I have a car filled with interior pieces for me to fiberglass, etc all winter! lol I don't plan on getting the new one till Spring (Buffalo winters aren't the best with an F-body lol) so now I can have a completely custom interior to throw in the new car in a few months.

I have a lot of sketches and have started some stuff, so I'll keep ya updated with pictures of the progress and eventually the final product. (if anyone shows any interest lol)

If anyone has any suggestions, etc...let me know. I might need some pointers since this is my first time fiberglassing but I have all the materials and have already started on my console which is turning out real nice.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

start posting pics as soon as u can, even during the building stages, im intrested to se e how it all comes along and what u come up with with...sry to hear about your car ouch
Old 10-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for showing some interest lol...I'm working on getting pics of my sketches and beginning stages of the console up asap. I'm using mainly the factory pieces and just adding fiberglass additions to them if needed, and sanding all the texture off anything that isnt being fiberglassed. Good stuff so far...
Old 10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Dam, sorry about your car man, but yeah keep us updated.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car. Glad to hear that you are going to take the opportunately to use some of the old car, to customise a future one.

Ideas: Better looking speaker grilles, desing patterns into the door panles that accent to seats (custom leather on seats) dash - endless . . .

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to read this about your car, but it looks like it isnt hurting you to bad. You have some ideas that will look great and time to try them. Keep us informed and show some pics every no and then. Good luck
Old 10-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the replies...

Yeah, i have some real good ideas that I hope will be do-able. I wanna make some 3D flames on the door panels and sides of the center console...and I was thinking about making a spot in the door panels for 8" subwoofers, I think Audiobahns with the round chrome flame-grills would look real nice. If the flames on the doors and console look good, I wanna put a 3D Firebird symbol on the passenger side of the dash. I'm also thinking of a few spots for LCD screens and mounting my PS2 in the center console (where the arm rest once was)...Let me know if anyone has any ideas/input. I'm open to it all....
Old 10-07-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont forget to keep the 5 cup holders!!