Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a great idea. Those colors look sharp. I think it's about time we make those ricers regret for thinking there cars looked good with an old muscle cars paint job.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Do a candy apple red or a candy deep purple, I saw a stang with Raven Black stripes, always wanted to paint a car that (Black with a deep blue sparkle in it, like a ravens feathers) CHeck my other toy at cardomain page, maybe we could run our Mopars against each other
Old 10-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Mopars are awesome Too bad the road runner is in MI

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree with the comments about taking muscle car colors back from the ricers. Muscle cars used to be painted outrageous. I love seeing them cruising the strip.

And no, i would not add a huge wing and all kinds of decals. I just want something dif then one of the 7 or 8 colors, or however many Trans ams came in.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok i stand corrected that color green is pretty cool looking.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Launching!

all of those colors are awesome
Old 10-20-2004, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

My opinion would be go with a really sharp yellow add some Black blackbird stripes on the hood, some black wheels with chrome lips, and some limo tint, to me that would look bad ***, but will attract a lot of attention, sometimes from the wrong people

Dan
Old 10-20-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

YI dont know what he is thinking abou tLime Green, I saw the photoshop pic on page one of this thread....HELL NO...Even had one of bothers said "OH HELL NO, I wouldnt even think about doing that to a Caddy!!"

There ya go!!
Old 10-20-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lime Green Widebody Camaro:

http://www.gmmginc.net/

Old 10-20-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

mmm...im loving the green the more i see it...just looks soo bad ***, especially since it is an old school american muscle coler
Old 10-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Fiery Features Director

Don't let anyone change your mind. If that is what you want... go for it! You don't have to please everyone (and you won't) but YOU will be happy. You are the one paying for the car, and driving the car... so, shouldn't you paint it they way that YOU will enjoy. There will always be people who don't like your car.... but there isn't anything wrong with that. There are people that don't like my car and call it rice... but I just roll my eyes and laugh. Now, if you put a big *** wing on the car, I might laugh at it too... but it still shouldn't change your mind. Your car... your choice!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to be different!
Attached Thumbnails Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am-different.jpg  
Old 10-20-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone that said any negative comments about "rice" needs to take their computer and throw it out their window and never, ever come to this board again. The lack of intelligence one shows by slamming something and calling it rice is outrageous. To those that said go buy an import, go kill yourself and get it over with... then we'd have a few less ******** in the world. Lastly, WTF I read one post that said "baby green poo" WTF? If your baby is shitting that color green, you need to take him to a hospital.

Anyway, rant overwith...

I think the lime green looks amazingly good, so much so that I wouldn't mind doing it to my 94 Camaro. The black stripes would definitely set it off even more. I would love to see a photoshop of the lime green with black stripes and the b-pillar black too.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by meissenation
Anyone that said any negative comments about "rice" needs to take their computer and throw it out their window and never, ever come to this board again. The lack of intelligence one shows by slamming something and calling it rice is outrageous. To those that said go buy an import, go kill yourself and get it over with... then we'd have a few less ******** in the world. Lastly, WTF I read one post that said "baby green poo" WTF? If your baby is shitting that color green, you need to take him to a hospital.

Anyway, rant overwith...

I think the lime green looks amazingly good, so much so that I wouldn't mind doing it to my 94 Camaro. The black stripes would definitely set it off even more. I would love to see a photoshop of the lime green with black stripes and the b-pillar black too.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6']['9
dont bother asking for assistance all your gonna get is "it looks like rice",which is kinda sad cause your asking for criticism (sp). It happens all the time.... Paint it the way you want it painted and move on! Otherwise its rice.. Want fikses, its rice. Want a carbonfiber hood, its rice. Want 3 gauges in a pillar, its rice.
Buying mods like everyone else on this board Priceless........
1. 3 guages in the a pillar isn't rice if u need them

2. fikse rims definatley arn't rice

3. Carbon fiber is good but it gets shady when it dosn't match the body color. yes sometimes it looks good.

i retract my "rice" comment. in my personal opinion i just think alot of those overly bright almost neon colors are a little overdone. i personally wouldnt' drive a trans am that was one of those colors because to me it says "hey look at me, hey look at me, hey look at me, hey look at me!" again in my opinion really bright colors work on exotics and some classic muscle cars BUT thats just my opinion. i say its overdone.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
YI dont know what he is thinking abou tLime Green, I saw the photoshop pic on page one of this thread....HELL NO...Even had one of bothers said "OH HELL NO, I wouldnt even think about doing that to a Caddy!!"

There ya go!!

werd....
Old 10-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Of course they scream look at me..that's the beauty of them. They turn peoples heads.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the green looks good myself, and if it's painted well, it will be a sweet ride. I wouldn't go with black stripes personally (but I don't have a better suggestion either, other than no stripes at all)

I would like to see a good 'Chop of that purple, but a little darker color. Any takers? I think a really deep metallic purple with pearl white stripes would look good, or for something more vibrant, maybe a brighter reddish-orange color for the stripes (I like the pruple-reddish orange together on my race car)

There is a Viper here in Huntsville that is a darker purple with dual lime green stripes and a "GT2-style" (looks like the spoiler on the GT2 cars in the 24 Hours' races) and it's definitely a head turner. The paint on the car is well done, and that particular spoiler just happens to work for that car.

If I were you, I'd paint the car whatever color you want (green gets my vote), tint the windows as dark as possible, get clear corners, and blackouts all the way around (fogs, DRLs, and tails) and lower it (a little, don't "slam" it, more like level it front to rear) and get some nice looking chrome or polished wheels. I could see 18s looking really good, but again, the choice of styles is up to you!

Don't pay any attention to the negativity, those guys are just juiced on hater-ade!

Good luck, keep us updated!
Taco
Old 10-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Launching!

will do
Old 10-21-2004, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Lime Green Widebody Camaro:

http://www.gmmginc.net/

Exackly what I was thinking about when I read the post. That camaro looks awesome green imo. I would love to have it or the lime ws6.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Navy SS, you do Awesome work man !!

Quick Reply: Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am