Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 98 T/A
1. 3 guages in the a pillar isn't rice if u need them

2. fikse rims definatley arn't rice

3. Carbon fiber is good but it gets shady when it dosn't match the body color. yes sometimes it looks good.

i retract my "rice" comment. in my personal opinion i just think alot of those overly bright almost neon colors are a little overdone. i personally wouldnt' drive a trans am that was one of those colors because to me it says "hey look at me, hey look at me, hey look at me, hey look at me!" again in my opinion really bright colors work on exotics and some classic muscle cars BUT thats just my opinion. i say its overdone.
he was joking i think. he was just trying to point out that no matter what you want to do, if you post it on this board, SOMEONE will call it ricey.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sQuashed
Navy SS, you do Awesome work man !!
Thanks Photoshop is fun the play with...

Take a look at Zangel when she came by to show me her bad *** camaro not too long ago...
Attached Thumbnails Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am-ss-angel1.jpg  
Old 10-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Fiery Features Director

OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Last edited by Zangel; 10-21-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

It sounds like a good idea to paint a fast car a different color. Those pics of the camaro's look krazy. BUT... I wouldn't do it to a WS6. I really think that Camaro's will look good in any color you paint them... so different is very good. TA's on the other hand look too mean to be painted green or purple. They already scream "look at me" in the very common colors they come in. Having a bright colored TA kinda sounds like it will take away the agressiveness and be portrayed as a laughing stock for a person seeking major attention. I have to admit, the collectors edition WS6 looks badass... yellow doesn't sound bad at all. But I don't know... its up to you, it could turn out alot better then the crap I am invisioning in my head. I guess its worth a try if you are that curious...
Old 10-21-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zangel
OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
I'm glad you got a kick out of it! I thought you might like it
Old 10-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Fiery Features Director

You should have created something for that Photoshop deal in the multi-media section a while back.. Something like "Make your own Chevy Magazine Cover With Photoshop".... you would have done good!
Old 10-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Default In 1998, Purple was a real color for Trans Ams ...

http://www.pontiacpower.net/spotlight0502.html

Pontiac Power
The Pontiac Spotlight:
1998 Trans Am WS6 - Purple

The Pontiac Spotlight will feature a different Pontiac each month. If you have a Pontiac that you would like featured here please email me your details and a few pictures to share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For May a 1998 Trans Am WS6. Tim Saenger owns this very rare (1 of 6) Bright Purple Metallic Trans Am.

"I first ordered the car back in the spring of 1997. I originally went in to order a Plum colored 1997 Ram Air TA. I wanted something different besides the common red & black that we always see. Yes they are great colors, but I've always been about being different. Regardless of what color I wanted, I found out that I was one week too late for ordering a 97 WS6. I was very let down and decided to go home and read my latest issue of Road & Track. As I was flipping through the pages I read an article saying that the F-body was going to get the LS1 for 98. My sadness instantly turned into gratefulness. A few months later, I returned and put a deposit down for the car that I had no idea what would look like. I also decided on a new color (Bright Purple Metallic) I still had No idea what the new LS1 F-body's would look like. A few months later I saw some Spy pics on the Internet and just went nuts. I could not believe I was getting that car. In my opinion it was the best body style yet. It took almost a year for me to take delivery of the car and I was one of the first to get a WS6 in 98."

Pontiac discontinued the Bright Purple Metallic color only a few days after the start of production due to problems with this color. It was quickly replaced with Navy Blue Metallic. But a few did manage to make it out the door first. A total of 12 Trans Am, 10 coupes and 2 convertibles. When you figure in the transmission options the number get even smaller, six to exact. Tim has confirmed the rarity with Pontiac Historical Services.

The Trans Am was ordered with:

WS6 Performance Group
LS1 5.7 Ram Air V8
6spd stick shift
Traction control
Pewter leather
T-tops
500 watt 10 speaker Monsoon CD stereo
AND Bright Purple Metallic paint

Today Tim only uses the car for show. Although there has been a few mods here and there, none were done causing any damage and Tim still has all of the original parts to return it back to original. Tim still needed something to drive daily. Still wanting something different, he found a 1999 30th Anniversary Edition Convertible for daily use. Tim has no plans to sell the '98 Purple WS6 anytime soon, but he will consider any reasonable offers (and he had a few pretty big ones too).
Old 10-21-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zangel
You should have created something for that Photoshop deal in the multi-media section a while back.. Something like "Make your own Chevy Magazine Cover With Photoshop".... you would have done good!
Thanks, yeah I should have, I'm surprised I didn't see it. That was about the only picture I had of my car that you kind of "fit" in. It's not too bad, it might fool someone for a second You know, if you're ever by California... no just kidding Although it would be cool to meet up with some LS1tech members every once in a while

Wow we hijacked a thread...congrats

I'm leaning towards lime green with black stripes. If it's a high quality paint job, it will look nice

Oh and that purple WS6 looks sweet. Yeah in early years they had some unique colors. Like the Gold Metallic as well.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Just don't put "Vato Loco" on the windshield... Ha, just kidding.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by NavySS
Wow we hijacked a thread...congrats
I can do that.. I'm the mod J/k

As far as the photoshopped cars posted so far... I think I like the yellow orange one. The yellow one isn't too bad.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I really like the lime green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder why?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Launching!

i think any one of them could look good..just depends on accompanying mods and such.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Wow that mettalic purple is that rare. I saw a ws6 up at this rice get together (ASR:Akron Street Racing), bunch of people just show off their cars and usually its rice but sometimes theres nice mustangs and trans ams and camaros, but i saw a convertible mettalic purple. Don't know if it was a paint job or the person bought it like that but it was nice. A chick drove it too
Old 10-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

af_187 - I like the idea, heck one of my favorite camaro's is a green color (I attached a pic). I personally think you should consider a semi-metallic green over a solid green.
Attached Thumbnails Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am-02.jpg   Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am-03.jpg  
Old 10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Remember guys...

Its not cool to customize cars the way YOU want to...

Its only cool to drive F-Bodies that look like everyone else's: Polished and Waxed and normal bland, dime a dozen colors!

Man, paint your car whichever way you want...I particularly dont like the green Ive seen on this thread, but throught the Yellow does look great, a nice dark purple will also look nice. But if you got your heart set on lime green...GO FOR IT...in the end the onyl person thats gotta be happy with the look of the car is YOU.

And a lime green WS6 will DEFINITELY be a head turner...no doubt.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

i like the green and yellow. i myself am probably painting my formula a yellowish. most likely the CETA yellow. but i like the lime green as well, its just not for me.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

What's wrong with lime green? Anyone see Overhaulin' with the lime green Challenger?

Is that rice?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm digging the lime green and the orange/yellow one. The purple could be a little darker shade for my taste, but would still turn hella heads with some nice chrome accents!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Dude, the green is pretty cool! Do it just like that first photoshop pic, bright and glossy. No metal flake, that will look sort of odd (to me at least). Keep the chrome wheels, I think they'd be nicer than the black. Post up pics when you're done!
Old 10-24-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

on my way back to bowling green tonight i saw a 3rd gen camaro...it was lime green with yellow flames, paint job looked real good and im still loving the lime green...

Quick Reply: Project 'hurt your eyes' Trans Am