Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

carbon fiber really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004 | 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Carbon fiber looks really good. appearance and weight savings together are great. people sometimes are too quick to call something rice. If u want carbon fiber components, check VFN, they can make ur entire body panels out of CF if u have the money.
Old 11-11-2004 | 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meissenation
This forum is turning into CamaroZ28.com and that's NOT a compliment. You people need to learn what "rice" is. Jesus christ, do we need a refresher on what rice is?

"Putting something on your car to make it look fast."

Putting a carbon fiber hood on the car "for show" is not rice unless they say "That hood makes my engine run better" when all it is is fiberglass overlayed with carbon fiber.. i.e. no weight reduction. I love the look of carbon fiber, and would do my entire car in "finished / show" carbon fiber.. that's not rice, that's appearance.

Until then, all you freaks that use rice so loosely, do yourself a favor and take after the lead of this smiley...
Thats a very good reply.........thats being sarcastic maybe you should take a look at this whose appearance section and see what im trying to get at.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/224900-just-suggestion-about-rice-comments.html
Old 11-11-2004 | 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let's compare the Titanic... a ship made out of metals... to a fiberglass boat.. falling apart. Am I the only one that sees the utter stupidity of this?
Now this is a stupid reply,
Old 11-12-2004 | 06:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

This forum is turning into CamaroZ28.com and that's NOT a compliment. You people need to learn what "rice" is. Jesus christ, do we need a refresher on what rice is?

"Putting something on your car to make it look fast."

Putting a carbon fiber hood on the car "for show" is not rice unless they say "That hood makes my engine run better" when all it is is fiberglass overlayed with carbon fiber.. i.e. no weight reduction. I love the look of carbon fiber, and would do my entire car in "finished / show" carbon fiber.. that's not rice, that's appearance.

Until then, all you freaks that use rice so loosely, do yourself a favor and take after the lead of this smiley...

Then by all means pay big $$$ for one and not go any faster. But it looks good While your at it throw on a double stack wing, a couple of NOS stickers and a huge can thats tilted to the side. Thats for show also.
Old 11-12-2004 | 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Then by all means pay big $$$ for one and not go any faster. But it looks good While your at it throw on a double stack wing, a couple of NOS stickers and a huge can thats tilted to the side. Thats for show also.
There's a difference between show and ugly. NOS stickers, huge can, double stack spoiler.. yeah that's just ugly and tacky.

Regardless, everyone needs to stiffle their rice comments and give OPEN MINDED responses and opinions. Rice flaming someone when they want an opinion just degrades the entire forum. There's a reason why I don't go onto cz28 that much anymore -- and it's because you ask for any sort of opinion and it's rice. Don't make this forum as bad.

Back on topic, again as I stated earlier painting the inverse of stripes or flames would be sweet, or doing any sort of paint where the design is the carbon fiber, that'd be cool. My car has a red/black/carbon fiber theme and I thought it'd be cool to have carbon fiber F-1 stripes instead of plain black vinyl, but I'm not ready to shell out that money for a hood.

Last edited by meissenation; 11-12-2004 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2004 | 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

I thought it'd be cool to have carbon fiber F-1 stripes instead of plain black vinyl, but I'm not ready to shell out that money for a hood.
Oh waitress, more rice please
Old 11-12-2004 | 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I swear, when the day comes that people are mature enough to not use "rice" comments, I'll crap a brick.

Last edited by meissenation; 11-12-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2004 | 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

I know, I was just messing around. I get it for my wing all the time.
Old 11-13-2004 | 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I know, I was just messing around. I get it for my wing all the time.
I wasn't going to say anything, but I was kinda noticing that wing lol. I don't mind those wings tho, so I wasn't going to say anything.
Old 11-14-2004 | 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I swear, when the day comes that people are mature enough to not use "rice" comments, I'll crap a brick.

Why wait
Old 11-15-2004 | 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 11-16-2004 | 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well....Thats not a brick.............................