Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One word...............Zaino
Old 11-02-2004, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
There are certainly no "best" waxes/sealants, either.

Ahhh, oh so true.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it takes anyone 5 hours to wax a car, that person definitely needs to try something else!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

sorry im alittle new at this
Which is exactly why you shouldnt be ranting and raving about how tropi-care is the greatest thing on the earth in every post you make here, and on LS2.

What else have you tried to compare it against, and what processes were used?

-T
Old 11-02-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Never said there was, but all I was saying is if you only wax your car like one time every 3-4 months, it's not going to matter what kind of wash mit or towel/chamois you use cause nothing is protecting your paint. Maybe I am wrong but if you take a car that is only waxed once every 4 months and you take a look at a car that is reguraly clay bared, polished, cleaned and waxed, I bet you will see a huge difference! But again, maybe I am wrong.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way, I have worked at a detail shop for 3 years, plus two dealerships for a while... I have used so many different materials and everyone of them has it's pro's and cons. No there isn't a best wax or polish, but some outperform others.

Lil experiment: Take a black car and use two different waxes/ polish's one one part of a car and see which looks better. Take meguiars yellow paste wax, I believe number 26 or 27 and try Turtle wax carnuba. Tell me which one has alot of oil based and dust with wiping compared to the other. On a black car those two things make a big difference. Alot of dust and oil smears are a ******* pain on a black car.

I detailed a 1990 Yukon for a neighbor he just bought that had 145k on it. The original owner admitted that he waxed the first day he got it but never again. Now being a black car, it was completely spiderwebed and had a greyish color to it. So just to show him that just a simple polish/wax would help wonders, i did what I said to try above. I tried meguiars yellow wax and his supposedly unbelievable Nulook and showed him the difference. Lets just say he was astonished and I ended up doing the whole car.

Everyone has their preference but I will say some wax's are better than others.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Teching In

I have found that Griots Wax and Polish is the best. I have tried a lot of wax and polishing products including zaino and griots leaves the best finish i have seen. I won't use anything else!

http://www.griotsgarage.com
Old 11-02-2004, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

for 1 forgoten password it does not take me 5 hours to to just waxing.
when i was using zaino the intire process meaning complete detail on car something you probally never even done from start to finish would take 5 hours. all im saying is tropicare is very user freindly and if you like ill send you a sample to see for yourself. i mean im not trying to be a dick here but some of you guys need to lighten up. this is enouch to not even want me to spend money on ls1tech to advratise. which im sure john wants as many people to advratise to promote the site. and im defently not putting anyones products down im just say compare and see for your self and plus you will save money in the long run and alot less time spent detailing your car.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

ls1pwrdss, I would love to try a free sample. Should I PM you my mailing address??? Ive been wanting to try it and you would save me some time and money in case I dont like it.

P.S. It it a touchy subject, people take their waxes personal
Old 11-02-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
for 1 forgoten password it does not take me 5 hours to to just waxing.
when i was using zaino the intire process meaning complete detail on car something you probally never even done from start to finish would take 5 hours. all im saying is tropicare is very user freindly and if you like ill send you a sample to see for yourself. i mean im not trying to be a dick here but some of you guys need to lighten up. this is enouch to not even want me to spend money on ls1tech to advratise. which im sure john wants as many people to advratise to promote the site. and im defently not putting anyones products down im just say compare and see for your self and plus you will save money in the long run and alot less time spent detailing your car.
You should spell check when trying to sell to other people
Old 11-02-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HAUS1
Never said there was, but all I was saying is if you only wax your car like one time every 3-4 months, it's not going to matter what kind of wash mit or towel/chamois you use cause nothing is protecting your paint. Maybe I am wrong but if you take a car that is only waxed once every 4 months and you take a look at a car that is reguraly clay bared, polished, cleaned and waxed, I bet you will see a huge difference! But again, maybe I am wrong.
I can cetainly tell you have worked in a dealership...

Many products out there protect your finish for 3-4+ months. If you are using proper techniques for washing, drying, and maintaining your finish, you will have little reason to polish, etc.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

sQuashed please pm your info and ill get you one out.

Quick Reply: Need a durable wax for daily driver