Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help....Leaky Tail Light (Pontiac)....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OLD thread.. I know..

Has anyone thought about just drilling a hole in the bottom of the light to vent the lights into the ambient air?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My 98 camaro was doin this it was corroding the plugs I cleaned it all up drilled small holes in the bottom and ran a bead of superglue around where the lense meets the housing and it's never filled up again
Old 06-15-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tram
OLD thread.. I know..

Has anyone thought about just drilling a hole in the bottom of the light to vent the lights into the ambient air?
I had done this to my tail lights and DRL housings back in '02 and have never had an issue with condensation build up or sockets burning since then. I have tried to mention it whenever I see a post discussing these issues, but some people feel like you have to try and reseal the housings.
I got the idea while working on my old roommate's C-class, which have a drain hole in the bottom of their housings.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
I had done this to my tail lights and DRL housings back in '02 and have never had an issue with condensation build up or sockets burning since then. I have tried to mention it whenever I see a post discussing these issues, but some people feel like you have to try and reseal the housings.
I got the idea while working on my old roommate's C-class, which have a drain hole in the bottom of their housings.
Yeh, I think that's what I'll be doing..

Quick Reply: Help....Leaky Tail Light (Pontiac)....