Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black weather stripping between door & window is popping out, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Black weather stripping between door & window is popping out, Help!

Does anyone know how to fix this, I can see there are clips that hold the strip down, but there hard to reach and bend back in. The dealer wants $100 to fix it? Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WIKDWS6
Does anyone know how to fix this, I can see there are clips that hold the strip down, but there hard to reach and bend back in. The dealer wants $100 to fix it? Can anyone help? Thanks.
In the same boat man, i just shove mine back down in there (some of the clips are broken), and it holds for a few weeks, but comes back up again when i roll the window up. I have no idea how to fix it
Old 01-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Ya, this really makes the car look like ****. Anyone else know?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

No clue. You guys lube your weather strips with something? I use something about every month. That's what I read on the Drivers Manual for the car.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep in mind the clip goes in the second slot, not the first.

Its allmost impossible to do if you dont know what your doing and the window is in the way.

If they keep poping out its just a matter of time before the door gets scratched if its not allready. This will be mutch more expensive than the $100 to have someone else fix it and be done.

You need to pull the inner door panel, side mirror and loosen the glass felt guides to allow the glass to hinge out of the way. Pull the mouldings and repair the metal tabs, I would suggest replacing the moulding all together and paying someone that has done it before.

Quick Reply: Black weather stripping between door & window is popping out, Help!