Old 02-08-2005, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those wheels look amazing
Old 02-09-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kpowr82
This is the sweetest looking Camaro I have ever seen! I wish my car was a dark color like black or NBM. If the person that owns this car doesn't want his pics in my thread I'll take 'em out. I just think he deserves some props!
He goes by SS LS1 on this board.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

No doubt one FINE car! Love those wheels, look good and dont see them everyday! -Jim
Old 02-09-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a couple questions for the owner or those that know him: 1. What springs were used in that drop, 2. where did you get that slp engineering banner, 3. What color are those stripes, silver or dark charcoal.

Thanks

Thanks so much to everyone for the compliments on the car!! I appreciate it very much and I have the members of LS1Tech to thank for giving me the insipration and ideas for the mods I have done so far and plan on doing this comming year.

To answer your questions I had the stripes made from a darker Gunmetal (charcoal) grey color than the stock GM silver stripes to be more subtle. The SLP banner is not available through dealers as I designed it myself and had it custom made as I thought the plain white ones were well........... just too plain. If you look at the pics in my sig you will see that the banner matches the other custom decals (battery plate, door sills, gauges, calipers) I have as they are all black with a brushed aluminum border to catch the sunlight and tie in with the Gunmetal stripes.

The suspension consists of DMS (Dynamic Motor Sports) lowering springs, BMR panhard rod with poly bushings, Koni Dual Adjustable shocks all around and a set of Air-Lift drag bags in the rear. Since the rear tires are taller I also removed the rear spring spacer to lower it another 1/2" over just springs alone. When I had the same sized tires front and back the rear spring spacer was needed to give the car the slight rake I wanted as I do not like the saggy rear look often found with Eibachs.

The DMS springs ride great even when I had the stock Decarbon shocks and make the car handle like a go-kart.

Hope that helps, Greg

Old 02-09-2005, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

yeah ditto that, there pretty phat.... anyone know what kind they are ??

Originally Posted by ulySSes
I like those wheels too.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ss ls1- have you ever tried any other springs to compare the dms to? by the way, your car is awesome. i would do it injustice with words. the interior is my favorite.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JackZ28

I agree, this is one of the best looking Camaros I have ever seen. That shade of blue with the white stripes looks great. How did you do the two tone on your seats? I have wanted to do this to my car but don't really know how.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

whew !!! I'm digging it
Old 02-09-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually had Greg's car set as my wallpaper over a year ago, then I saw the car in person at last years Camarofest and I must say pictures don't even come close to doing his car justice.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Greg your car is sweet looking!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Agree, those are some of the nicest I've seen too!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

His SS settled the debate over what wheels to go with on my SS.

Last edited by Jeremiah; 07-04-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club

yup.......those rims, and especially Greg's car in general, are friggin' sweeeett. i'm considering painting my hardtop to match, except painting the stripes instead.

Dave
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

i"m still curious on the exact specs on the wheels, backspacing and offsets..... they are perfect.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Thanks so much to everyone for the compliments on the car!! I appreciate it very much and I have the members of LS1Tech to thank for giving me the insipration and ideas for the mods I have done so far and plan on doing this comming year.

To answer your questions I had the stripes made from a darker Gunmetal (charcoal) grey color than the stock GM silver stripes to be more subtle. The SLP banner is not available through dealers as I designed it myself and had it custom made as I thought the plain white ones were well........... just too plain. If you look at the pics in my sig you will see that the banner matches the other custom decals (battery plate, door sills, gauges, calipers) I have as they are all black with a brushed aluminum border to catch the sunlight and tie in with the Gunmetal stripes.

The suspension consists of DMS (Dynamic Motor Sports) lowering springs, BMR panhard rod with poly bushings, Koni Dual Adjustable shocks all around and a set of Air-Lift drag bags in the rear. Since the rear tires are taller I also removed the rear spring spacer to lower it another 1/2" over just springs alone. When I had the same sized tires front and back the rear spring spacer was needed to give the car the slight rake I wanted as I do not like the saggy rear look often found with Eibachs.

The DMS springs ride great even when I had the stock Decarbon shocks and make the car handle like a go-kart.

Hope that helps, Greg

Well, I think I have just decided on a set of lowering springs, cause that is the perfect drop IMO. That car is just damn beautiful. I noticed you are also from MI, I live in Rochester. My car is sitting in the garage cause of the salt on the roads and such, and it's still draining money out of my wallet like it's summer time

Gotta love winter.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I was lucky enought to see that Blue SS in person at the Gathering last year. It is one of my favorites I have ever seen.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

SS LS1 that is the best looking Black SS I have seen. Those wheels make it look great. If you ever sell them I'm interested.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Banned

that car is the reason i decided to trade in the love of my life 3rd gen. u ruined my life greg u SOB. DAAAMMMNN UUU. j/k i saw how amazing that thing looked and it sparked my obsession with the 4th gen. then once i found out how incredibly super nasty the ls1 was i had to have one. but i dont know how anyone could say theres a nicest fbod. there are so many that are beyond amazing
Old 02-10-2005, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

SS LS1's car is for sure one of the best looking rides on this site.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

This is the sweetest looking Camaro I have ever seen! I wish my car was a dark color like black or NBM. If the person that owns this car doesn't want his pics in my thread I'll take 'em out. I just think he deserves some props!

EDIT: I don't know why the pictures ended up so small when you click the thumbnails.
I have to agree with you there!!! THIS IS ONE KICK *** RIDE!!!!

Quick Reply: The nicest Camaro I have ever seen!