Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

just got order. which pads to use first?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got order. which pads to use first?

i just got my order from properautocare.com.
i got a 6" da flex backing plate.
6" white pad,
red pad
yellow pad
black pad and menzerna intensive polish, and the final polish 2

what should i do first and with which product.
please help. i searched around but need a direct answer.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sonus Yellow/Lake Country Mfg Yellow:
Also referred to as a “compounding” pad, the yellow pad is the most aggressive foam pad for the polisher. It has a slightly rough texture to it, which makes it a good high-cut pad. It is best used with compounds or intense polish like Sonus SFX-1 or Menzerna Intensive polish. When used with an intense (high cut) polish, it can help you remove swirls and surface scratches. This is usually the first pad/polish combo you will use when doing a deep cleaning of your car.

Sonus White/Lake Country Mfg White:
Also referred to as a “finishing” pad, the white pad offers little cut, but high buffing. It has a firm texture, but not rough. It is best used with a moderate to no cut polish like Sonus SFX-2 or Menzerna Final Polish II. As the term implies, this pad is used when you want to apply a high gloss finishing polish. It can remove some swirl marks, but only very light ones. This pad and polish combo is best used after the yellow pad/high cut polish combo above, to enhance surface shine.

Sonus Blue/Lake Country Mfg Black:
The “glazing” or “finessing” pad is used to apply glaze or finishing polish. It offers no cutting ability whatsoever, so it won’t remove any swirls or scratches, but it’s soft, smooth texture is perfect for applying and leveling glaze, like Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze or Sonus SFX-3. This blue/black pad and glaze step should be done just before applying your favorite wax or sealant, to maximize surface gloss. The blue or black pads can be used to apply wax or sealant as well, but the Lake Country Mfg Red pad is better suited for this.

Lake Country Mfg Red:
The red pad is much like the blue/black pad in that it offers no cut, but is very fine, making it best suited for applying sealant or wax. What makes this pad different from the blue/black pad is it can be used to layer wax or sealant. Since it is so fine, it won’t remove the previous layer. Meguiars #26 wax or Blackfire Sealant go very well with this pad. This is the final step in the polishing/waxing/sealing process.

-Mike

Quick Reply: just got order. which pads to use first?