Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please Help me fix my problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 07:57 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Please Help me fix my problem!!

Ok so, I was pulling into my garage and cut my turn a little too close So I finally get my car in the garage and there is a 2x1 inch mark on my passenger door and the molding is all messed up. I looks like I transfered te paint from my garage onto my car. Is there any way to make my car look new again?? I have honestly never felt like such an *** before and I will not feel normal again until this is fixed. Thanks for your help guys. LS1tech
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'd get a polishing cloth or if you have a porter cable even better. And use Blue Coral fine polishing compound and rub it out with a polixhing cloth and some elbow grease or a porter cable.
If it is just paint transfer it will be a piece of cake to take out.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:36 PM

it probably took some paint off when it put some on, polish and buff the **** out of and see what happens
Old 02-16-2005, 08:37 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well it's still dark out but I went out into the garage with a flashlight and it looks like the 1x2 on the door is just paint transfer. and the molding is just a mess its about 8 inces ling and i'm not sure if it is paint transfer. If it is not and I did scrape off all the paint can I use the above method to fix it?
Old 02-19-2005, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by yak
Well it's still dark out but I went out into the garage with a flashlight and it looks like the 1x2 on the door is just paint transfer. and the molding is just a mess its about 8 inces ling and i'm not sure if it is paint transfer. If it is not and I did scrape off all the paint can I use the above method to fix it?
Well if the paint was taken off completely, not really.... your gonna need to get yourself a small dent/scratch repair kit, duplicolor makes a good one and touch it up. or if it is too big, a body shop is best.

Quick Reply: Please Help me fix my problem!!