Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
don't even bother unless you are going to fill in those holes that it leaves... how ghetto is that crap?
I need to get the car painted anyway, just haven't gotten around to it, so when I do, they'll be gettin filled in.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by anLS1x2
I ripped mine off only to find the three screw holes in the middle of "CAMARO" and lots of rub marks from the stock grill. But it still looks mean. I am also curious about a ram air mod for the two ducts and the underneath license plate bracket. Anyone have any ideas?
Yeah, I have an extra three holes in mine too cuz I originally came from new york and had a front license plate frame on there and didn't realize that went all the way through to the nose there.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like that too. i might just take mine off as well...anyone care to guess at how much it is to fill the holes and get the whole front repainted??
Old 04-02-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
don't even bother unless you are going to fill in those holes that it leaves... how ghetto is that crap?
Opinions are like ********, he asked for pictures:

I think it looks MUCH better on every Camaro I have seen with !grille. I wouldn't mind having the holes filled in, but it's really not that bad when you see it in person. I might add the metal mesh stuff in the two big holes on either side as well.

For removal of the stocker, hold on to the front clip of your car to support it some while you grab the grille and pull it off.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever you decide to do, at least do something other than the factory piece. and if you go naked, have a shop fill the holes and match the factory paint. i think it looks retarded with the holes sitting there. jmho.

Dave
Old 04-02-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, so my car and all of the others posted in this thread are ghetto, crap, and retarded? Any other constructive criticism you guys can come up with since you are both obviously the authority?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

I did it today, I wouldnt give 2 ***** about the holes but my front bumper needs a little attention so I am going to go on and get them filled soon. Kinda sucks, I got some scuff marks from where the grill rubbed the bumper.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

Guys, I don't care holes or no holes. Lucky or not lucky, it still looks better than that crapy stock black rubber grille. And if you go to http://www.ls1.com/index_ls1_mods.html, and look at the Cold Air Mod!!! It works, I am going to do it tomarrow when I yank mine off. I currently have the small line billet grille over the black stock rubber bumper on the 98-00's and I used to have a stock license plate holder and I know I will have the three extra "G.H.E.T.T.O" holes in addition to the six big holes. But I will put back the billet over and cut the foam out so that I can increase some air flow!!! Let you guys know how it works, ghetto fabolous style!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Never taken mine off either....I don't get it. They etched "CAMARO" into the bumper and then covered it with a grill?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

took mine off, got some pics on the webpage. i think it looks much better than the flat black stock grille. but i plan on getting a billet or SLP SS grille at some point.

a sponsor should make some little plastic pieces that are contoured to fit in the holes to fill them in, and sell them pre-painted. that way you could just order the 6 fill-in pieces (mold the christmas tree clips into them), pop them into the holes and have a finished look w/o having to get the body shop involved.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by abadss
took mine off, got some pics on the webpage. i think it looks much better than the flat black stock grille. but i plan on getting a billet or SLP SS grille at some point.

a sponsor should make some little plastic pieces that are contoured to fit in the holes to fill them in, and sell them pre-painted. that way you could just order the 6 fill-in pieces (mold the christmas tree clips into them), pop them into the holes and have a finished look w/o having to get the body shop involved.
Dude, that's a badass idea!!! Oh sponsors, someone make that, I want it, hehe!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

how hard is it to fill the holes? i know a body/ paint dude that would do it, but wonedring on how long to fill and paint.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Dude, that's a badass idea!!! Oh sponsors, someone make that, I want it, hehe!!!!
copyright i bet phamspeed would make it
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GoldenBird
Never taken mine off either....I don't get it. They etched "CAMARO" into the bumper and then covered it with a grill?
Yup...that is pretty strange.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

man talk about resurecting something from the dead... lol this is almost a 5 year old post... haha, but i guess atleast you use the search option, unlike some other people in here...
Old 03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
man talk about resurecting something from the dead... lol this is almost a 5 year old post... haha, but i guess atleast you use the search option, unlike some other people in here...
Haha. Yeah...I wanted to get an idea of what was involved in removing it and how it would look before I started tugging at it (one of the tabs ended up breaking). I went ahead and took mine off today. Even with the holes, I think it looks better than it did.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm in the process of filling and repainting my front bumper cover, I've seen several people ask what product can be used and this is what I'm going with: 3m 42040

It is a 2 part epoxy that will still flex, the stuff sets up AMAZINGLY fast, I used it to rebuild the holes for the bolts on the bottom of the bumper as well as fill the grille mounting holes.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I had the holes filled in by a bumper place and then the bumper painted.

Edit: I need to take new pictures, this one was still missing the emblem after painting.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Launching!

How much did it cost you to have the holes filled in and the bumper painted?

Quick Reply: Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?