Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Brake caliper painting, what color?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I painted my calipars red and the brackets black.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Since you have chrome wheels, don't do polished. That will clash. I would do black with maybe chrome or red decals. Do you have pics of your car that you can post?
Old 03-31-2005, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Not trying to hijack thread..but same sort of question. My WS6 is black, black tint, blackouts, etc. SFC's are yellow, Yellow STB and yellow under the hood. Since the outside is all black, what color calipers would look good? I thought about yellow, and know for a fact I don't want red....any suggestions or pics with yellow calipers? Thanks guys
Old 03-31-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by my98ws6
Not trying to hijack thread..but same sort of question. My WS6 is black, black tint, blackouts, etc. SFC's are yellow, Yellow STB and yellow under the hood. Since the outside is all black, what color calipers would look good? I thought about yellow, and know for a fact I don't want red....any suggestions or pics with yellow calipers? Thanks guys
Please don't do yellow. Go black or a dark charcoal metallic. I just think yellow would be just a little much. IMO.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joedrum71
Please don't do yellow. Go black or a dark charcoal metallic. I just think yellow would be just a little much. IMO.
I agree, no yellow! If you have polished wheels I would polish the calipers and paint the pad brackets black. If not, I would either paint them both silver to restore the look like new again, or both black with maybe a silver or chrome decal.

What wheels do you have? That will help with making suggestions...

Quick Reply: Brake caliper painting, what color?