Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Check out my mirrored Bling

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

theres a guy on here making them. DragonZ28 is his name i think. do a search, theres tons of pics, and his prices are supposedly cheaper than anywhere else
Old 04-23-2005 | 09:29 AM
Banned
10 Year Member20 Year Member

DragonZ28 makes them out of 316 stainless I believe. His prices are good though. I am mostly interested in the front plate 'bird since I don't think DragonZ28 makes those. I question hoe durable the mirror one will hold up though.
Old 04-23-2005 | 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gregg_98TA
DragonZ28 makes them out of 316 stainless I believe. His prices are good though. I am mostly interested in the front plate 'bird since I don't think DragonZ28 makes those. I question hoe durable the mirror one will hold up though.
You are correct. I do not make the front bird. I must say something about acrylic though. I think that acrylic looks cheap in person, and a scratch would be hard to repair. Most acrylic is see through plastic with a color on the backside. This allows the whole piece to appear to be that color. Those side vents look pretty good, but I would like to know how long they will hold up without peeling or cracking due to weathering. The front nostril grilles still retain the factory blocked looked where the screws go. This is strange looking in my opinion because there should be holes everywhere except ONLY where the screw goes. I think it kind of takes away from the front of the car just a little.
Old 04-23-2005 | 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

please pm me hte company name thanks
Old 04-23-2005 | 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mark. I am the creator and owner of the website and the products that appear in this thread. I am not naming the website or the company name out of respect for the paying sponsors on this board. Please feel free to continue to contact us with any questions you might have. We have inquired about sponsorship but have not yet been given any info with which to base a decision on whether or not to become a sponsor. If any moderators can help out with that it would be most appreciated. In the last couple of days we have been contacted by many of you. You guys and Gals have been keeping us very busy. One of our customers posted pics of their purchases and the result was a lot of interest from the members of this board. Those of you who placed orders on Friday, your orders went out today. Those who placed them today,yours will go out on Monday. We usually ship items ordered the next business day unless on rare occasions we have to cut some sheets. Then it will only be a day or two until an order will ship. Thanks to all of you.

I would like to address some of the many questions that have been asked of us over the last couple of days.

We design and laser cut all of our products ourselves. We do not outsource. These products are made of acrylic mirror.

What is acrylic mirror? The process is made up of extruding silver between two pieces of Lexan. The front part being clear and the backing being solid. This is what creates a mirror. Acrylic mirror was designed to be used in places where glass if used would shatter. Acrylic mirror is impact resisitant. You really have to go out of your way to scratch this stuff. It is used in the airline industry,the marine industry, in the security industry and countless other applications. I have personally had my car as a test car with these products for 2 1/2 years before I began offering them to others about a year ago. That is about 3 1/2 years. I have more chips on my paint than I do on the acrylic mirrored products. In Florida we have a lot of hot and humid weather. We have a lot of rain. I wash the car every week. The quality of the product has not degraded a bit. This does not mean that things won't happen. When driving if the right object hits any surface (plastic, polished steel) or whatever that some damage might occur. No one can control the elements of the road.

Nothing reflects like a mirror. Our emblems, vents, underhood mirror and other ideas look like little treasures in person. They are truly gorgeous pieces. We are a sponsor on other boards which again we will not name out of respect for the owners of this board. If you contact us I will direct you to those boards as well as our link to our website and you can do a search for our products and see what the masses have said. In short, we have sold a lot of this stuff and the reviews and repeat buyers are why we are still doing this and why we are developing some ideas that our customers have been asking for. For example, we are test cutting a 3 piece Firehawk door emblem set which is going to be stunning. We are developing the Firehawk front grills as well and some underhood mirrors for the Firehawk will be on their way soon. We are not forgetting the Camaro guys and Gals. We are going to be starting templates for the Z28 and SS underhood mirrors soon. These take a lot of work and time. We are doing our best to accomodate our customers ideas. We currently have some items for the Z28 and SS guys on our website.

Finally, If their are any questions you have please feel free to contact me personally. Ask about us and you will see our reputation for our quality of product and customer service is second to none. When those of you who bought our products receive them send us pics and we will place on our customer photo page. I encourage everone to visit our website and check out the customer photos of our products.

Now here is the best part. If you contact me as a member of this forum I will give you a 10% discount on your first order. If you have ordered all ready the discount applies to your next order. Thanks and we hope to be speaking with you soon.

Mark
Old 04-23-2005 | 02:57 PM
Teching In

pm please
Old 04-23-2005 | 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome Mark and thanks for maybe being a Sponsor.
Also thanks for taking the suggestions for the camaro
underhood mirrors. Ive been looking everywhere for them.
Ill take the 10 % off Camaro SS underhood mirrors when ur finished with them .
Just lets us know when you guys completed them and
have them ready for sale .
Thanks
David

Last edited by LINGENFELTER SS; 04-24-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2005 | 11:21 PM
On The Tree

I would like the link as well plz! Looks great
Old 04-24-2005 | 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

lol ill jump on the bandwagon, whered ya get it all? PM me, thanks man, looks great on the silver ride.
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:17 PM
Teching In

Could you PM me the link also. Thanks
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

please pm me the site aswell
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Me too!
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:55 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by renips
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mark. I am the creator and owner of the website and the products that appear in this thread. I am not naming the website or the company name out of respect for the paying sponsors on this board. Please feel free to continue to contact us with any questions you might have. We have inquired about sponsorship but have not yet been given any info with which to base a decision on whether or not to become a sponsor. If any moderators can help out with that it would be most appreciated.
If you send an email to Nine Ball, Pro Stock John, or Brains, they should get back to you with the current sponsorship rates.

LS1tech currently has 38,309 registered members.

Here's some viewership statistics Nine Ball has posted:

Feb 2005: nearly 30,000 unique visitors per day

Nov 2004: over 30,000 registered members; approximately 28,000 unique visitors per day

May 2004: 22,363 registered members; but about 50% of our visitors aren't registered, they just read/search etc.. we are averaging about 122,000 different visitors per month

Mar 2004: Avg Hits per Day 4,059,891; Avg Pages viewed per Day 210,425; Avg Visitors per Day 20,991; Total Visits 650,744; Total Pages 6,523,205

Jul 2003: 1.75 million hits per day; 80,000 unique visitors per month; 95,000 page views per day

Feb 2003: unique visitors: 80,473; average hits per day: 1,528,393; total site hits: 42,795,025

(The site has been online since Nov 2001.)

Last edited by ACW; 04-25-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2005 | 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by renips
I have more chips on my paint than I do on the acrylic mirrored products. In Florida we have a lot of hot and humid weather. We have a lot of rain. I wash the car every week. The quality of the product has not degraded a bit. This does not mean that things won't happen. When driving if the right object hits any surface (plastic, polished steel) or whatever that some damage might occur. No one can control the elements of the road.

The thing I know to be a fact is that plastic/acrylic does weather. Plastic cracks and dry rots under the sun's UV rays. Also, stainless steel, if scratched, can be resurfaced or repolished very cheaply, and with little aggravation. It will not require replacement. 316 stainless steel is a very hard metal. In 100 years when people's cars are in the scrap yard, their 316 polished stainless pieces will still shine while their plastic parts are deteriorating. Stainless steel is stainless steel all the way through it from front to back. There is no comparison. Stainless steel is the best quality. That's why we and others use it to make these parts.
Old 04-24-2005 | 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Mark thanks for the 10% deal. I was just getting ready to order the fuse box covers for my '98 Z28, the stickers from the factory look awful and I have been trying to find some better looking covers in the junk yards around here, but have'nt had any luck. When I seen you made these, I was happier than a pig in slop :-), but I might wait untill you get the underhood mirrors done and order it all at once. Any idea on how long it may be?
Old 04-24-2005 | 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cthomas
Hey Mark thanks for the 10% deal. I was just getting ready to order the fuse box covers for my '98 Z28, the stickers from the factory look awful and I have been trying to find some better looking covers in the junk yards around here, but have'nt had any luck. When I seen you made these, I was happier than a pig in slop :-), but I might wait untill you get the underhood mirrors done and order it all at once. Any idea on how long it may be?
Can't say how long it will take for the Z28 and SS underhood mirrors to be done. They are a lot of work. We will keep everone informed as we progress. Contact me with what you want and I will give you a 10 % discount and will reserve a discount for you in the future for the Underhood mirrors when they are done. Thanks - Mark
Old 04-24-2005 | 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Will do, thanks:-)
Old 04-24-2005 | 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just ordered the fusebox covers :-) Man i'll be glad to get them too, those damn faded stickers have been driving me nuts ever since I bought this car last year. I have cleaned and polished and waxed everything under the hood, but could'nt figure out what to do about those damn stickers, untill now. I hope they look as good on my car as they do in the online pics.
Old 04-24-2005 | 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cthomas
Just ordered the fusebox covers :-) Man i'll be glad to get them too, those damn faded stickers have been driving me nuts ever since I bought this car last year. I have cleaned and polished and waxed everything under the hood, but could'nt figure out what to do about those damn stickers, untill now. I hope they look as good on my car as they do in the online pics.
Thanks Chris. They look better on the car. They will go out tomorrow. I appreciate your support. Thanks - Mark
Old 04-25-2005 | 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Please pm me with the address. It looks like the stuff I am looking for. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Check out my mirrored Bling