Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Rear Solar Wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Solar Wing

Does anybody else have one,or know anyone that has?I have one my wife bought-I was not too sure about it,but I put it on--we think it looks good from MOST angles,especially the rear--I have NBM and a dark tint on rear window,and dual-dual upraised S.S. tips which are 3-1/2" each pipe[x 4 pipes]...just wondering if there are any pics of others that can be posted--can't put up pics yet-- --would really appreciate it---[please no rude,nasty remarks concerning the 'WINGY'] [I guess you know what I am talking about-RK SPORT sells them]--no Rice-a-Roni jokes either.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 05-04-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok fine. no rice-a-roni....
Old 05-05-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Arrow

I have had mine on for several years, although it is currently off because the car is going in for new rear window tint, etc. very shortly. I saw one on a silver T/A some time in '01 or so and asked the guy where he got it. He had cut the little flared edge on the back of it off, saying he didn't want it that wide, but I chose to leave mine as is. I was on the fence about the rice factor myself, but I wouldn't have put it on if I felt it detracted from the lines of the car. With it being black, it blends in well with the rear window, looking nothing like the tacky Wal-Mart ventshade pieces that are on every other car around here , and I've had more than a few people ask about it. It's been off now for about two weeks and it took me awhile to get used to the look of the rear without it, but I'm starting to like the look of it without it again. BTW, any idea what could be used to readhere it to the glass if I opt to put it back on? I've cleaned all the original adhesive strip film off both the window and the plastic. Will that epoxy mix in the vials bond it well if the plastic is roughed up enough? I don't want something so permanent that I'll never have the option to remove it again. I can try to get a few pics with it mounted to give you more of an idea. And just ignore the rice comments...I hate rice just as much as the next guy - I'm not going to put alleged elements of rice on my car. It looks IMO.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one on my WS6 pics in sig.

Quick Reply: Rear Solar Wing