Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I was attacked by hard water, how can I get the spots off?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I was attacked by hard water, how can I get the spots off?!?

Help me get these darn water spots off!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, just like the title says, what do I do to get these water spots off my truck? I spent 3 hours the other night and removed 90% of the water spots with a combo of vinegar and distilled water and it looks great from 2 feet away. However with as picky as I am, if I look into the sun on the hood I can see see little traces and halo's left by the water spots that the vinegar/water combo won't clean. I then tried another good wash followed by a claybar treatment (another hour) and then a waxjob. The halo's are still stuck there. If you try to feel the little waterspot halo's with your fingernail you can't. I think they're already etched into the clearcoat. What would I want to use now? A glaze? If so, what kind? Does Zaino make a product for this? I'm lost and I really don't feel like taking my clearcoat down a notch to get rid of the water spots. If I leave it alone as it is, will the water spots eat further down or has the extent of the damage already occured?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 05-11-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Help me get these darn water spots off!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, just like the title says, what do I do to get these water spots off my truck? I spent 3 hours the other night and removed 90% of the water spots with a combo of vinegar and distilled water and it looks great from 2 feet away. However with as picky as I am, if I look into the sun on the hood I can see see little traces and halo's left by the water spots that the vinegar/water combo won't clean. I then tried another good wash followed by a claybar treatment (another hour) and then a waxjob. The halo's are still stuck there. If you try to feel the little waterspot halo's with your fingernail you can't. I think they're already etched into the clearcoat. What would I want to use now? A glaze? If so, what kind? Does Zaino make a product for this? I'm lost and I really don't feel like taking my clearcoat down a notch to get rid of the water spots. If I leave it alone as it is, will the water spots eat further down or has the extent of the damage already occured?

Thanks,

Joe
Car needs to be buffed, period
Old 05-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Car needs to be buffed, period

I agree. Buff+polish+seal=Done deal.

Quick Reply: I was attacked by hard water, how can I get the spots off?!?