Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Making Lambo Doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard our fenders get in the way of lambo kits. just remember to watch for the fender and to build strong brackets cause out doors are heavy as hell. shouldnt be too hard for a person with skill and the right equipment. just be prepared to get made fun of cause of the whole rice thing. i personally think it can be useful with a car that has big doors like ours. good luck

jacob
Old 05-18-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally i don't care for the Lambo. doors, but i was watching "Pimp My Ride" yesterday morning and saw them put "the best on the market" lambo door brackets on this car. It was rather interesting...they just bolt up to the body and you don't even have to remove the door to do so....but the guy said they were like 5 grand, i think the name started with a "K" or something?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

what about some double helix doors like on th CCR? now that would be pimp
Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Nice!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

double helix doors?? What are those? I haven't heard of those before
Old 05-18-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these are gonna be some HEAVY *** lambo doors
Old 05-18-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

here is a picture of the Koenigsegg CCR with the double helix doors:

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/design.asp?design=4

someone should make those for an f-body
Old 05-18-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
All I have to say is, RICE!!
This is a tech help thread not an opinions thread.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by badtexasZ28
here is a picture of the Koenigsegg CCR with the double helix doors:

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/design.asp?design=4

someone should make those for an f-body
those are freaking sweet. They look like 5 times more complicated than lambos..I would love to see peoples reaction when hopping out of that car
Old 05-18-2005, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by qwikz28
i heard our fenders get in the way of lambo kits. just remember to watch for the fender and to build strong brackets cause out doors are heavy as hell. shouldnt be too hard for a person with skill and the right equipment. just be prepared to get made fun of cause of the whole rice thing. i personally think it can be useful with a car that has big doors like ours. good luck

jacob
From what ive read, fenders are only and issue on camaros not Ta's. Im not really worried if people consider it rice aslong aslong as I like it. I think people see it as rice because on all the f-bodies ive seen, they do rice out everything and then add lambo doors. Ive yet to hear someone call a vette with lambo doors "rice", so who knows.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GAME OVER
From what ive read, fenders are only and issue on camaros not Ta's. Im not really worried if people consider it rice aslong aslong as I like it. I think people see it as rice because on all the f-bodies ive seen, they do rice out everything and then add lambo doors. Ive yet to hear someone call a vette with lambo doors "rice", so who knows.
ive never seen a vette with lambo doors. it'll definitely be a first when i do see one though. But on the other hand, i do think it is a little towards rice. But its not my car and im not paying for anything so, everybody's different.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:23 PM
FormerVendor

Now tell me thats "rice". Thats straight pimpin
Old 05-18-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

everyone has their likes and dislikes. I personally don't like lambo doors at all on any domestic car or even on imports for that matter. It's just not my thing. but like i said, everybody's different. I will never buy lambo doors for anything I own while i'm alive. Also, to a guy that drives a corvette, i would seriously rather die than put lambo doors on them. It's just disrespecting the corvette name. Personally, i'm more into the performance of a vehicle than the looks of it such as putting the doors on it or other accessories. Just leave it to the imports to do those things.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 69chevy
everyone has their likes and dislikes. I personally don't like lambo doors at all on any domestic car or even on imports for that matter. It's just not my thing. but like i said, everybody's different. I will never buy lambo doors for anything I own while i'm alive. Also, to a guy that drives a corvette, i would seriously rather die than put lambo doors on them. It's just disrespecting the corvette name. Personally, i'm more into the performance of a vehicle than the looks of it such as putting the doors on it or other accessories. Just leave it to the imports to do those things.
Yea i feel ya, for the price of lambos ill never buyem id rather do performance but im an artistic guy i guess you could say and if i could figure a way to make them instead of buying them for that price, itd be worth it IMO.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

everytime i see an import, which there are many where i live, my dad always tells me that that is what they like and that's why they did it to their car. This is true in many ways but i still give them a hard time . In my own, when it comes down to the car, i'd rather have a car that runs nines all motor than a high-quality show car. But, if you can pull both of them off, then what the hell.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

I don't think anyone's gaining the ability to park in tight spaces with these doors. The doors stick out pretty far to clear the fenders, and in a tight space there's no way that's happening.
I can squeeze my skinny *** out of my barely cracked door with the window down, but even if these lambos will stop partially open, what am I gonna do crawl out underneath? That would look real smooth!

Quick Reply: Making Lambo Doors