Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Well off course, the clear coat had to go...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well off course, the clear coat had to go...

WTF is wrong with GM? This car is not 5 years old, and it bubbled (paint bubbling on the roof) in 2003. Its now 2005, some bubbles have popped and the clear coat is peeling off the ******* roof. The dealerships around me have denied cars newer than mine to fix, my car is way out of warranty. It just pisses me off they make a mistake, the only way to fix is a new roof, and they dont cover it. Way to step up to the plate and back your product up GM. Im getting ready to sell my car, and the clear coat starts coming off the roof. Now wtf am I supposed to do? its just going to keep peeling and peeling. Does anyone have any suggesting. Can a body shop at least reapply clear to the peeling area (small now like nickle sized, but getting bigger). I swear someone somewhere hates me and does not want me to sell this car, I am so frusterated right now. My car was almost flawless a few months ago, then the PSP starts whining, clear coat starts peeling, brakes start squaling, mom backs into it, speakers start to blow, I have a tire that wont hold air....WHY!!!

But back to the roof, any ideas? I know if I dont fix this it can turn into a very big problem. And the spot thats peeling is right above the drivers side door, impossible for a potential owner to not see and hate. DAMNIT!!! DAMN GM to hell. If I had a Honda I woulnt have these problems.....
Old 05-27-2005, 06:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

They might be able to put clear on that one area. Have you tried going to a dealership yet to ask if they would fix it? I know you stated they denied newer cars but I had the same issue a few years back with a S10 I had it was out of warranty and I stated my case to the local dealership and they agreed to repaint it.