Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for input...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for input...

I've got a stock 2001 Red Z28. This weekend I'm getting the windows tinted (dark black), black stripes put on, new Infinity speakers and a Pioneer head unit (love the mosoon one, but bought it used and 2 speakers were blown and the head unit was missing 2 buttons..********.) Just from looking around here I'm thinking of ordering the chrome halos, clear turns (front and side), and new tail lights. Any suggestions on the tail lights (pics if possible please) or anything else I may be missing? Thanks!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Dont get new tail lights. Just get the black covers. they run you 50 bucks at local auto stores and they will go great with your setup. Whatever you do DO NO GET THE IMPORT LOOKING EURO TAIL LIGHTS! they look horrible and are a disgrace to our vehicles...
Old 06-15-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z28Kills
Dont get new tail lights. Just get the black covers. they run you 50 bucks at local auto stores and they will go great with your setup. Whatever you do DO NO GET THE IMPORT LOOKING EURO TAIL LIGHTS! they look horrible and are a disgrace to our vehicles...
Completely agree, NO EURO LIGHTS! Not that i have a camaro but i just like the look of the stock covers.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Biggest tip: Don't be the average boring old SS hood no-gfx zr1/y2k/insert-popular-rim-here, stock-looking Camaro. Do something different, even if it goes against what was said above. I've seen a few euros that look really good on Camaros. It all depends on the theme and the overall changes to the car.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meissenation
Biggest tip: Don't be the average boring old SS hood no-gfx zr1/y2k/insert-popular-rim-here, stock-looking Camaro. Do something different, even if it goes against what was said above. I've seen a few euros that look really good on Camaros. It all depends on the theme and the overall changes to the car.
yeah that's true.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know, there is usually a reason alot of people do something. And with this particular situation, it is becuase it LOOKS GOOD! plain and simple, no if ands or buts. A camaro with an ss hood, zr1 wheels, rear inserts etc looks good.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Meh, even if you wanna be different and put stuff like black tailights it still looks like ****! be creative with your color scheme and don't mess with your tails! Maybe a berger panel or somethin.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Teching In

berger panel...???? Sorry, new at this, you gotta fill me in, lol
Old 06-16-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brett95z
You know, there is usually a reason alot of people do something. And with this particular situation, it is becuase it LOOKS GOOD! plain and simple, no if ands or buts. A camaro with an ss hood, zr1 wheels, rear inserts etc looks good.
Truthfully, if I had to vote between a modified car with altezzas compared to an SShood zr1 wheeled rear inserts and tinted windowed car... I'd gladly vote for the altezzas because he put thought into his car. It may look good on the first thousand Camaros, but damn it's just way too overplayed now.. same with the berger panel, EVERYONE is doing it.. look at this board for example, every other thread is "I did the berger mod!" Way to try to fit in. Personally, the only reason I got my zr1s were because they were black with the polished lip and they went with the color scheme of my car... if I saw another affordable set of rims with black and polished lip that looked good, I might've gone with them instead.

As to the question on what a Berger panel is... it's when you take the tail light filler panel (the panel that says 'Camaro' on the back between the tail lights) and paint it flat black. Berger Chevrolet, here in Michigan, made some performance edition Camaros, called Berger Camaros. People liked the look, and now people slap on a berger panel while they smack people for putting a z28 badge on a v6 Camaro.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truthfully, if I had to vote between a modified car with altezzas compared to an SShood zr1 wheeled rear inserts and tinted windowed car... I'd gladly vote for the altezzas because he put thought into his car. It may look good on the first thousand Camaros, but damn it's just way too overplayed now.. same with the berger panel, EVERYONE is doing it.. look at this board for example, every other thread is "I did the berger mod!" Way to try to fit in. Personally, the only reason I got my zr1s were because they were black with the polished lip and they went with the color scheme of my car... if I saw another affordable set of rims with black and polished lip that looked good, I might've gone with them instead.

As to the question on what a Berger panel is... it's when you take the tail light filler panel (the panel that says 'Camaro' on the back between the tail lights) and paint it flat black. Berger Chevrolet, here in Michigan, made some performance edition Camaros, called Berger Camaros. People liked the look, and now people slap on a berger panel while they smack people for putting a z28 badge on a v6 Camaro.
there's not much out there that hasn't been done to an F-bod, thats why when someone starts doing something different everyone jumps on it. as for the ZR1/SS hood, they do it because it looks good and it's different from the salad shooter/stock hood that they had. if you want to knock people for modding their cars go ahead.

btw, putting a Z28 badge on a V6 is stupid because it's a V6, not a Z28. i have an SS hood on my car, but i dont tell people it's an SS.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by screamin94Z
if you want to knock people for modding their cars go ahead.

btw, putting a Z28 badge on a V6 is stupid because it's a V6, not a Z28. i have an SS hood on my car, but i dont tell people it's an SS.
The point I was making is I don't knock on people for modding their cars, regardless of whether or not they use euro altezzas or they use stockers. Only time I knock on someone is when they "mod" their car with stock items.

As for the badging thing, though... I agree. But the point I was making is that putting a Berger panel (which is one of the definitive "badging" for the Berger camaros..) on a z28 or a v6 is just as bad as flaunting a z28 badge when you really have a v6.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Ahhh...I c says the blind man...thanx!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

The point I was making is I don't knock on people for modding their cars, regardless of whether or not they use euro altezzas or they use stocke.....
Look at the pics in your sig now. Your car looks clean and refined, everything works. Put altezzas on it, it'd look like some kind of spaceship. Certain mods just dont look good on certain cars, and altezzas don't look good on Camaros.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Actually I have euro tails. Custom tinted, but regardless when they light up they're euros. And I'm just waiting for my Z-roc hood to come so I can have that and my spoiler painted and installed.