Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

new zaino swirl remover

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So from what I'm gathering, the new swirl remover is part of the ENTIRE process -- meaning since we just went thru the whole Zaino kit process from the beginning (dawn wash, claybar, wash, Z2, Z5, Z6 etc., etc.) that the swirl remover would be used the NEXT time we want to go thru the entire Zaino process. In other words....the swirl remover would remove all of the Zaino that's on the car now?

Your car looks great, and IMO the hard effort put into the original Zaino'ing of a car is well worth it. Especially on black cars.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS 4 ME
So from what I'm gathering, the new swirl remover is part of the ENTIRE process -- meaning since we just went thru the whole Zaino kit process from the beginning (dawn wash, claybar, wash, Z2, Z5, Z6 etc., etc.) that the swirl remover would be used the NEXT time we want to go thru the entire Zaino process. In other words....the swirl remover would remove all of the Zaino that's on the car now?

Your car looks great, and IMO the hard effort put into the original Zaino'ing of a car is well worth it. Especially on black cars.
The Z-PC will remove any wax/sealant on the surface. It is meant to be a prep product to remove defects such as swirls and light scratches. Use it when it's needed, don't if it's not.

People tend to over exaggerate the Zaino process. Once the surface is properly prepped (which should be done before using ANY product), you only need one coat of Z2 Pro or Z5. Anything more is extra that you have chosen to do.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Zane: You tried the Z-PC yet?

I just bought it out of sheer curiosity and nothing else, but I haven't had a chance to give it a whirl. I was thinking dual action with a white LC pad would probably be a good combo for it. I'd like to avoid wasting it with experimenting as much as possible because it ain't cheap.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

I have not used the production version, but I don't know how different it is from the version I was testing.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2000blackta
alright, 5 hours later we're done. now keep in mind that this car was pretty f'd up. i think that it came out unbelievable considering that this was all by hand. procedure was wash, claybar, wash, swirl remover, one coat of z5, and hit with quick detailer.
Sawheet! And no offense to anyone but nothing beats a 5 hour hand job (My porter pigtail is shot so I'm gaining muscle as well).
Wish I had it for this project - it probably would have come out better.

Before heavy duty cutter, clay bar, ScratchX...(yes, the date is off on the camera)

Window broken out, used highly flammable remover to get the duct tape goo off the passenger side

I wanted to get the entire car because it was in such bad shape before spending 6 hours on it

There is no help on the rear plastic bumper. Its toast but then again...the car is a POS anyway

Once my Zaino cutter comes in I'll redo it and see what I get - maybe little difference (there are no hairlines in it now) but its worth a shot to practice on.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZaneO
The Z-PC will remove any wax/sealant on the surface. It is meant to be a prep product to remove defects such as swirls and light scratches. Use it when it's needed, don't if it's not.

People tend to over exaggerate the Zaino process. Once the surface is properly prepped (which should be done before using ANY product), you only need one coat of Z2 Pro or Z5. Anything more is extra that you have chosen to do.
ZaneO, is the Z2 Pro and Z5 polishes or waxes. Or both? I'm confused here. If you used the Z2 do you have ot put wax on to seal it or does the Z2 Pro seal it already?

Help me out.....thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the insight, ZaneO.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
ZaneO, is the Z2 Pro and Z5 polishes or waxes. Or both? I'm confused here. If you used the Z2 do you have ot put wax on to seal it or does the Z2 Pro seal it already?

Help me out.....thanks
Zaino themselves label Z2 Pro and Z5 as "polishes," but they're not. They're sealants (meaning what you use on the last step, just like waxes.)

The only real polish in Zaino's line for paint is the abrasive Z-PC. I don't know why they opted to call the two sealants polishes...they just did.

Quick Reply: new zaino swirl remover