Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Guys with Halo lights in here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look good on. No one answering my other post on this but did or does anyone have problems with them leaking. I drove mine in some light drizzle and now my drivers side is fogged up inside. Looks good but nothing but problems so far.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SSactionLs1
halo crew sign in..and mine fit pretty well

Did you use the old headlight brackets or the ones that came with the Halo's. How did you install them and any leaks in the rain?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Did you use the old headlight brackets or the ones that came with the Halo's. How did you install them and any leaks in the rain?
i used the brackets they came with. I compared them to stock and they looked identical. no leaks or anything. If you have that prob theres a grommet on the rear of the light that might have fallen out.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:16 AM
Launching!

I bought them because my headlights looked horrible. Honestly I think Im with most people on here, they do look better. Not putting down the OEM ones, but my halos are 10x nicer.....to me atleast, but hey Im the one driving it so I guess thats all that matters!
Im thinking about just getting a black gasket to fill in the gap. My gap is small, you dont notice it at all unless your looking for a gap!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

halo's are so damn sexy at dusk!!!!!! blackSSripper, you get beemers for sho, you get camaro's for speed!!! Combine the two, and you have what they call "envy!!!"
Old 06-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
They look good on. No one answering my other post on this but did or does anyone have problems with them leaking. I drove mine in some light drizzle and now my drivers side is fogged up inside. Looks good but nothing but problems so far.
STAY OUT OF THE RAIN W/HALOS!!!!! Avoid the leakage, cover that **** up(lights or unit), the gap with the stock or w/o the stock brackets is crutial. The condensation is caused by moisture, of course, and anything after market is just done for mods and not for inspection!!! So the seal, or gaskets are not as good as GM certified crap, A risk you are going to have to take is my opinion to be different. Also, make sure those rubber's are on the back side of the halo's are on tight, use the stocks if you have to. Keeps air and mositure from going in, but lets the heat from the light out.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS_WANG
STAY OUT OF THE RAIN W/HALOS!!!!! Avoid the leakage, cover that **** up(lights or unit), the gap with the stock or w/o the stock brackets is crutial. The condensation is caused by moisture, of course, and anything after market is just done for mods and not for inspection!!! So the seal, or gaskets are not as good as GM certified crap, A risk you are going to have to take is my opinion to be different. Also, make sure those rubber's are on the back side of the halo's are on tight, use the stocks if you have to. Keeps air and mositure from going in, but lets the heat from the light out.

if they leak (which they dont in my case)
you can be a real car guy and FIX THEM, or RETURN them..no one's gonna swap to stockies in rain
Old 06-29-2005, 03:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS_WANG
What do you mean stay out of the rain???? Are you high? lololol. I didn't get these for a show car. I drive it everyday. It looks killer, I just gotta find out how to keep them from fogging all the time. It just sucks to spend almost 200 bucks on something and it dont work right.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Myfriend, it is the price you pay and the risk you take on any mod, if it's a good one or a bad one, you still are wasting money. I had my second thoughts to when my **** was going wrong, but now that its as clear as day and I have it garaged, no foggy halo's. Also go to walmart and get the 3M weatherstripping black adhesive, and re-seal the gaskets. But if you don't want to deal wit hte ****, then sell'em!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

Mine never leaked, one of them fogged up as soon a s i took it out of the box, but it cleared up a few days later. I sealed my clear corners with silicone because i heard of them leaking but the halos were never a problem for me.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

*new picture, this should make you want to keep the halo's and get past the BS quick!!!

Old 06-30-2005, 04:17 AM
12 Second Club

Oh I'm keeping them just wanna figure out how to keep them from fogging.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

here is mine
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/calz28/z28.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/calz28/z281.jpg
Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

I just installed my halos a few days ago, after many moons of putting off buying them. I love the look and the installation was a little bumpy but nothing major. The halo brackets (natrually) didnt fit so I just took the stock brackets off and put them on the halos, instant fit. The passneger side fogs a little bit but it doesnt bother me really. I just use a wire splice to connect the halo wire to the sidemarkers, that way I didnt have to cut/solder a damn thing and if I ever take them off it will be very easy. Overall Im happy with my purchase, although it seems most average people cant tell the diff between this or the stock ones unless the halo is on...
Old 06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

where do you get a wire splice?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Subtle but sweet.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ESMsilver00SS
where do you get a wire splice?
These are what I use:

T-Taps

All you do is snap this on to one wire, then crimp a male disconnect onto the other wire, and then they simply snap together. These are available at almost any hardware/electrical store (home depot, OSH, radio shack...)
Old 06-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

k i know i already posted another post but no one was responding. just installed my halos today but i have yet to do the wiring. i plan to just wire them to my fogs so when my fogs turn on so do the halo. can i go about it that way? if so do i just plug the red wire from the halo intot eh red fog wire? ima total newb and i dont wanna mess anything up. so please help!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98ZEE28
These are what I use:

T-Taps

All you do is snap this on to one wire, then crimp a male disconnect onto the other wire, and then they simply snap together. These are available at almost any hardware/electrical store (home depot, OSH, radio shack...)
Yeah thats what I used, or something like it. Mines looked a little different I got mine from Home Depot. Point is, it gets the job done, and that all we care about!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, that helps alot.