Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help hiding electrics on LS1

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help hiding electrics on LS1

Hi all

I've been slowly building up my Australian VX SS Commodore's engine bay. I started on the engine itself and have painted and electroplated everything I can and it's turned out great. I attended a carshow on the weekend and was lucky enough to walk away with top engine bay award. The judges told me if I could do something with the wiring that is for the injectors etc I would do even better.

Does anyone at all have any advice, suggestions, ideas or able to give me some information on a kit etc that may exist to hide this wiring at all?

Below are some links and pictures so you can see the lenghts I have gone to already hence why I'm asking for help.

Thanks in advance

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=41197

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...9&goto=newpost

Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the middle of doing this very thing...I tore apart the wire loom that runs down the driver's side (f-body). I broke the large bundle of wires into three sections. One section is the coil pack harness and I ran it directly to the relocated coil pack. The next section is a bundle that contains the wires for the injectors, MAF, TPS, IAC, and IAT sensors...I'm going to bundle these wires into the smallest possible loom and tuck it down in tight in the valley between the injectors and the side of the head (thanks to hugger427 for the idea). The third bundle contains the wires for my relocated EVAP solenoid, the sensor located in front of the driver's side manifold (not sure what it is, Oil Pressure?), and the wires that run down to the alternator. There is enough slack in the harness for me to reroute them down along the inside of the fender-well, along the fuel lines. This won't completely remove the injector wires, but it goes a long way towards hiding them. I haven't yet looked at the passenger side, but I am guessing I can do something similar...hope this helps...
Old 07-04-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the thing looks top notch for an LS1 without fuel rail covers! Sorry I don't have any ideas, except for maybe coil relocation or getting wire loom the same color as the engine bay parts. Or maybe taking like aluminum pipe and cutting a split long ways down it and then hiding the wires in the until they reach their destination. Would have to be thin walled pipe though, kind of like tent poles. Would be cool if you could mandrel bend it too to comform to some of the curves that the wiring takes.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

The only thing I can think of to cover the wires up would be a Fuel Rail cover. The only problem with that is it would hide a lot of the detail you have put into your engine.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

I really like that oil filler cap you have too. I want one now
Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Electroplate your stock one and you will have that look I do believe. Its chrome for plastic, unless I'm mistaken.

LawmanSS, thanks for the ideas on the driver's side. I'm doing my own coil relocation as we speak, and working with a few ideas on the passenger side, I havent yet made it to the driver's side.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brandon
Electroplate your stock one and you will have that look I do believe. Its chrome for plastic, unless I'm mistaken.

LawmanSS, thanks for the ideas on the driver's side. I'm doing my own coil relocation as we speak, and working with a few ideas on the passenger side, I havent yet made it to the driver's side.
Great...I'll trade you driver's side ideas for passenger side ideas!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking good!

Moving over to our Appearence section.

Quick Reply: Help hiding electrics on LS1