TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk02bird
i have ground effects, received nothing but compliments

slick ******* car dude.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:11 AM
TECH Regular

This is an appearance section, which means discussion of appearance. Its cool that I haven't read anything major about engine mods>cosmetic but this site has alot more gearheads and older generation then say LS2 does. Most people here are pretty damn arrogant when it comes to accepting that a car might look good with a specific mod, just because you dont like it doesn't make your choice the best. I personally enjoy looking at the WW on the T/A but i'll never buy it because i don't think it really would look good in person, but i've never seen it in person, how many of you have yet to ever see that kit in person? I have only seen maybe at most 100-200 cars with the kit out of all the 98-02 gen 4's that we made....thats not good odds
Old 08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigT2002
This is an appearance section, which means discussion of appearance. Its cool that I haven't read anything major about engine mods>cosmetic but this site has alot more gearheads and older generation then say LS2 does. Most people here are pretty damn arrogant when it comes to accepting that a car might look good with a specific mod, just because you dont like it doesn't make your choice the best. I personally enjoy looking at the WW on the T/A but i'll never buy it because i don't think it really would look good in person, but i've never seen it in person, how many of you have yet to ever see that kit in person? I have only seen maybe at most 100-200 cars with the kit out of all the 98-02 gen 4's that we made....thats not good odds
I have never seen a WW kit on a Trans Am in person. You bring up a good point with that.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by muscleHud
that IS hot...that front end is SEXY... you people are crazy...everyone is different...if you dont like it, dont do it! man this site is so stupid when it comes to opinions...why even ask??? someone is just going to insult you no matter what here! even if they DO like your mod! has anyone ever thought that a car can look good AND be fast??? i know its hard for some of you gear heads to understand...! guess what...your car is little faster then mine...wow..im so happy for you...BUT mine looks better and is more pleasing to the eye and NOT a peice of **** that has been run into the ground...mine runs & sounds GREAT has a few mods...faster then most cars STOCK...AND is clean as hell. you might have a huge cam...but ill bet your girlfriend would rather go on a date in my clean ride rather then yours, which has no ac(cam is to big...not good for her hair), the power windows are broken, might not make it home, and smells like exhaust...oh but wait...your still a LITTLE faster then me, which is great...if your a PRO NASCAR which you arent so it deosnt even make a difference! so call me rice, im still makin out with your girl on my leather seats while your cleaning the oil off of your driveway! half of these people here are all talk anyway! i read your car info stuff...you have no more done to your car then i do to my car! well i guess you need some kind of excuse for you car to look like ****...so keep hatin cuz your car still looks like ****!
Ok. I see your point but you are stereo-typing too many set-ups in your post.

My car "smells like exhaust."

My car probably "looks" better then your car.

My car is definitely faster than your car.

I have wickedly comfortable leather seats with FULL factory options and ZERO oil consumption . . . no oil in my driveway

My car is nasty fast, handles like a ZO6, can theoretically do OVER 200 mph, 1/4's in 11 seconds, runs to 60 in less than 4 seconds, behaves like stock, and looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTAY doin' it

Here's a full list for ya

In the future please curb your anger a little and focus it on those that upset you rather then irrationally generalizing it.

Christopher's Onyx Black 2001 SLP T/A Firehawk M6 #89

Bilsteins, Chrome Rims, Deck Mat, Birth Certificate, Portfolio

PERFORMANCE: Jung's S2 Heads stock CR | TSP 237/242 MS3 | '03 Viper Tranny | F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Red Intake Manifold | Kooks 1 7/8”, 3” Y with Corsa | Spec S3 Kevlar Clutch | SLP Hi-Flow Radiator | Meziere EWP 160* | LPE 3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft | F.A.S.T. 90 mm TB | De-screened MAF | TSP Clear Lid-K&N | ASP Crank Pulley | LS6 Ported Oil Pump | Rollmaster Double-Roller Timing Chain | SLP Bellows | NGK Plugs-MSD'S | Harlan's Shiftlight | FRA | TBB | tuned by Me | Crane Valvetrain with PP .650 lift springs | Hotchkis SFC's & STB | Mac Rear-End Cover with tighter lashed gears | Stock Hurst with UMI Short Stick | SLP Reverse Logic Module | New '04 LS1 engine at 48K mi | Brembo Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors with Red Calipers.

COSMETIC: Granatelli 200 mph White Gauges, Custom WW Front Air Dam, Custom Firehawk Fuel Rail Covers, Custom Firehawk Headrest Embroidery, Custom Carbon Fiber Interior, Custom Red Leather Interior, Custom Red Carpet, Custom Red Tubing for Engine Bay, Mallory Billet Polished Aluminum Interior, Pioneer 10" Stealth Box, Clear Corner Lenses, Trans Am Valve Stems.

Brenda's 2001 Racing Red WS6 A4

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, SLP Lid-K&N, Jantzer S2 TB, Bilstein Shocks, Eibach Lowering Springs, UMI SFC'S/STB, Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors with Red Calipers, Clear Corner Lenses, Trans Am Valve Stems.

Last edited by The Dragon; 08-08-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Ok. I see your point but you are stereo-typing too many set-ups in your post.

My car "smells like exhaust."

My car probably "looks" better then your car.

My car is definitely faster than your car.

I have wickedly comfortable leather seats with FULL factory options and ZERO oil consumption . . . no oil in my driveway

My car is nasty fast, handles like a ZO6, can theoretically do OVER 200 mph, 1/4's in 11 seconds, runs to 60 in less than 4 seconds, behaves like stock, and looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTAY doin' it

Here's a full list for ya

In the future please curb your anger a little and focus it on those that upset you rather then irrationally generalizing it.

Christopher's Onyx Black 2001 SLP T/A Firehawk M6 #89

Bilsteins, Chrome Rims, Deck Mat, Birth Certificate, Portfolio

PERFORMANCE: Jung's S2 Heads stock CR | TSP 237/242 MS3 | '03 Viper Tranny | F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Red Intake Manifold | Kooks 1 7/8”, 3” Y with Corsa | Spec S3 Kevlar Clutch | SLP Hi-Flow Radiator | Meziere EWP 160* | LPE 3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft | F.A.S.T. 90 mm TB | De-screened MAF | TSP Clear Lid-K&N | ASP Crank Pulley | LS6 Ported Oil Pump | Rollmaster Double-Roller Timing Chain | SLP Bellows | NGK Plugs-MSD'S | Harlan's Shiftlight | FRA | TBB | tuned by Me | Crane Valvetrain with PP .650 lift springs | Hotchkis SFC's & STB | Mac Rear-End Cover with tighter lashed gears | Stock Hurst with UMI Short Stick | SLP Reverse Logic Module | New '04 LS1 engine at 48K mi | Brembo Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors with Red Calipers.

COSMETIC: Granatelli 200 mph White Gauges, Custom WW Front Air Dam, Custom Firehawk Fuel Rail Covers, Custom Firehawk Headrest Embroidery, Custom Carbon Fiber Interior, Custom Red Leather Interior, Custom Red Carpet, Custom Red Tubing for Engine Bay, Mallory Billet Polished Aluminum Interior, Pioneer 10" Stealth Box, Clear Corner Lenses, Trans Am Valve Stems.

Brenda's 2001 Racing Red WS6 A4

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, SLP Lid-K&N, Jantzer S2 TB, Bilstein Shocks, Eibach Lowering Springs, UMI SFC'S/STB, Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors with Red Calipers, Clear Corner Lenses, Trans Am Valve Stems.

Dude were did you get the Trans am valve stems!! got any pix?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

RICE,RICE,RICE,RICE,RICE.. ...Just Kidding[couldn't help myself]
Old 08-09-2005, 05:27 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Dude were did you get the Trans am valve stems!! got any pix?

http://www.pontiacmall.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PO271

Old 08-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Teching In

i agree
Old 08-19-2005, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Yep, I don't think I would get half the compliments I do if I didn't have my ground effects. Just keep it tasteful and clean and it will look really nice. As for the people that love to call rice on muscle cars (super clean ones at that), that's always been a touchy subject with me. Seems generally that most of these people have average run of the mill F-bodies that just get mixed in with the rest of the crowd.
a lot of guys now a days like to expand the definition of rice to whatever they don't have on their car.... I love my gfx and spoiler and I know they are a big part of what makes my car stand out and get compliments everywhere I go....
Old 08-20-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mako22
a lot of guys now a days like to expand the definition of rice to whatever they don't have on their car.... I love my gfx and spoiler and I know they are a big part of what makes my car stand out and get compliments everywhere I go....
I agree...

Old 08-25-2005, 02:20 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

wheard you get the kit on the balck car looks pretty good to me Rex
Old 08-25-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are talking about my car its WW and the hood is yours, remember? It´s the only hood you have sent to Sweden, Right?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Launching!

I like the WW kit on Formulas. I think when the time does come I will mold it in instead of retaping it. The tape is cheap and somewhat "fragile". She way lower now with a GC kit but these are the only pics I can post now

Old 08-26-2005, 03:27 AM
Banned

Default I Like Scotch!

I also like the body kits. I don't know what the prob is with muscle car guys saying body kits are just for ricers. Louvers are a type of body enhancing paraphonalia (its 3:25 in the mourning and I can't spell right). I love the body kits, I was thinking about doing a one-off kit with the Wings West kit along with the regualr componets and a lot of bondo and fiberglass, I have these ideas and they are great, I just need to let them out onto something, I am going to bed. LOVE THE KIT THOUGH!!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also did the WW body kit on my TA, custom paint, and just lowered it 2" with intrax. If anyone wants to host pics I'll put them up. I love the look and wouldn't have it any other way. I recently had some trouble with the front dam tape coming off so I'll be getting a urethane weld gun and going to mold the dam into one piece with the bumper then have it repainted.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Originally Posted by D_Run
If you are talking about my car its WW and the hood is yours, remember? It´s the only hood you have sent to Sweden, Right?
Yeap now I remember Nice looking car See Ya Rex
Old 08-28-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

personally i would go with just the side skirts and the rear, i wouldnt do the front, its a little too much. But my question is, what do you guys think of shaved doors? I am thinking about doing this to my T/A I love the way it looks and the added security is great. I figured when i go to put in the viper GPS system i would do it since i need to program the poppers at the same. And damn it just makes the car look smooth.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't put a body kit on a TA, already looks hella beefy. Just needs clear side markers and that's it!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

I agree birds are a little more "flashy" from the factory, don't really NEED a kit. Still look good with it tho......
Old 09-02-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
That is the ugliest thing i have ever seen in my life!!!!

As far as body kits go, i really don't think they are needed. They do make the car stand out, but as stated by a few others i would rather lower the car 1.5"-1.8" and that's enough. The black ta with the ww kit imho would look better without it. Thats why cars are great, you can make it how you want it!

Quick Reply: Body Kits