Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Well it finally happened! Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!!!!Update!!!!

I am happy as pig's in **** right now to say that my baby is back on the road. It only took $6500 bucks to fix it and also numerous hours fixing things that the body shop wouldn't touch. All the damage was just cosmetic, the rear quater panel took the brunt of everything so there was no frame damage. I had to get under the car and bend the torgue arm back into shape and also fix an exhaust hanger and clean up the underneath with a scrub brush and soapy water. I know this is picky but I like the bottom of my car free of rust and dirt. Needless to say they still have some touch up work to do but all in all it came out perfect you cannot even tell it was hit. I have never seen a body shop cut off the rear quarter panel before so that was interesting i was wondering how they where going to fix that. Now just time to weld in my subframes to stiffen her up a bit more than before and I'm good. I will get some pics after i wash her in the morning.

Cheers !!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry man, but you're ok, and that's something to be thankful for. Read Romans 12:19 to see what God has to say about that Mitsu
Old 09-21-2005, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lost count of the number of times traction control has saved me in the rain when accelerating off a cloverleaf onto the freeway.

Originally Posted by *98Formula*
This is very painful for me to write. Last Sunday on my way home from work I took out a speed limit sign. Let me give you the full story. It was raining of course and I was about 10 minutes from my house. I stopped at a 4-way and some ricer punk in his primer grey with green spots mitsubishi came flying through the intersection. I ignored this little incident and just casually started driving. As i was driving there was a very slow moving truck going 35mph and the mitsubishi was behind it. Well unfortunatly I was behind them both, The ricer started weaving in and out of the lane trying to pass the truck. Finally he weaved way into his lane so he couldn't see around the truck and went to pass. Right as he did that a car was right there. He slammed on his brakes and jerked it hard into his lane. Well I had to slam on my breaks to and as I did that there was a free standing puddle of water that caused me to hydroplain off the road and I side swipped a speed limit sign and came back onto the road. I drove another 3 blocks to a school so I could inspect the damage and call the fuzz. Of course the 4 people behind me the truck and the mitsubishi all didn't stop and kept on going. I had no witnesses or anything and the damage was pretty bad. I called the fuzz and after about an hour they made it out there. He wrote a quick police report and said I wasn't drunk and left. I filed it with my insurance and they are not going to total the car. I have it in a shop right now and it passed all frame inspections and there where no cracks anywhere so its mostly cosmetic damage. Remember guys these cars suck in the rain and ABS doesn't do **** in the rain. She will be back to ride again in a few weeks.

Pics of the mess.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Damm man, sorry to hear about that, a month ago some ******* cut me off and I messed up my front end. It wasnt that bad but I definity know how you feel. Still didnt get mine back yet. But one good thing is that your ok and the cars going to be good as new soon.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad your car is fixed now because when I saw those pics I wanted to cry...
I'd like to see the before and after.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

holy crap man, are your speed limit signs attached to 5 foot wide tree's or what?? Looks like you bounced around like a pin ball.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

This is very painful for me to write. Last Sunday on my way home from work I took out a speed limit sign. Let me give you the full story. It was raining of course and I was about 10 minutes from my house. I stopped at a 4-way and some ricer punk in his primer grey with green spots mitsubishi came flying through the intersection. I ignored this little incident and just casually started driving. As i was driving there was a very slow moving truck going 35mph and the mitsubishi was behind it. Well unfortunatly I was behind them both, The ricer started weaving in and out of the lane trying to pass the truck. Finally he weaved way into his lane so he couldn't see around the truck and went to pass. Right as he did that a car was right there. He slammed on his brakes and jerked it hard into his lane. Well I had to slam on my breaks to and as I did that there was a free standing puddle of water that caused me to hydroplain off the road and I side swipped a speed limit sign and came back onto the road. I drove another 3 blocks to a school so I could inspect the damage and call the fuzz. Of course the 4 people behind me the truck and the mitsubishi all didn't stop and kept on going. I had no witnesses or anything and the damage was pretty bad. I called the fuzz and after about an hour they made it out there. He wrote a quick police report and said I wasn't drunk and left. I filed it with my insurance and they are not going to total the car. I have it in a shop right now and it passed all frame inspections and there where no cracks anywhere so its mostly cosmetic damage. Remember guys these cars suck in the rain and ABS doesn't do **** in the rain. She will be back to ride again in a few weeks.

Pics of the mess.

!!!Update!!!
I have her all cleaned up and I finally got everything worked out. I had to realign the hood, door, and hatch, then I had to make some new brackets for the rear bumper because it was sagging when I got it back. She is basically brand new now. I have put 2 coats of zaino on her for the moment and used about 3 hours of the clay on her before the zaino. Lots of work but I like it. I will be getting some better pics in the coming days. I also made myself some clear corners out of flourescent lighting covering. Those accent her real good. Next week the pacesetters and hooker go on. Then I am lowering and adding some EVO 18's when the money allows. Possibly gunmetal grey with polished lip on those.

Onto the pics.

And My personal favorite. That is my house in the background that is my other money sucker besides the car.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good from here. I was goin 50 around a corner last week it was raining for the last 7 days and I hit a puddle spun out 2 times around waiting to smash into the guard rail but some how (dont ask how) I didnt hit a thing got the car straight and just kept going my way. Did I thank god after that one.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Sucks about the damages. Glad to see you got it fixed.

On the plus side, one speed limit sign down, 2.8 million to go.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thx for the replies. The total bill right now is up to $6,300 bucks and they are not giving me a new paint job. Damn shop says that black is so easy to blend together that they will just blend the new door new rocker panel and rear bumper, hatch, and rear quater panel in with the rest of the car. Im like wtf that is more than half the car and plus there freaking wrecker tore my front bumper all to hell when he picked it up its cracked all over the bottom of it and they said some fiberglass repair and touch up paint will fix that. All they have to do is repaint half the car and its a new paint job anyways. Blending is for *****'s with honda's not my baby but you takes what you can get when you gets it.
don't bash the shop for not doing a complete repaint.....they will only fix what the insurance company is willing to pay for. They can't work for free.
It's all up to what insurance you have and what they pay for.

car looks good, glad you are happy again
Old 10-21-2005, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Coworkers here couldn't believe the reflection from the Zaino. They are in the dark about those kind of things.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you got everything fixed.

By the way it's not that the car sucks in the rain, it's the tires. Get some decent high performance summer tires like the GS-D3's with good water expulsion and you won't hydroplane. My TA can outperform my expedition in the rain. lol

Again glad everything worked out.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I'm not bashing the shop they continusly are helpful but if it is not something they did don't bother. plus to fix everything they probably would have totalled out the car so I am happy about that. I know I forgot to put my tire shine on. No bother anyways as it decided to ******* rain anyways. Why is it that we can have a national dry spout but the second I wash my car and get it pretty it rains. Somebody likes to have a good laugh at my *** to see me work for 7 hours only to ruin it in 1 minute.

Quick Reply: Well it finally happened! Wreck