Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone ever try the static cling window tint?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever try the static cling window tint?

Just as the title says...has anyone ever tried this stuff? I've seen it for sale at some auto parts places and Wal-Mart. Ordinarily I would never put something so half assed on an LS1 car, but I got to thinking....I REALLY want to get some tints on my car and the only reason I haven't is because I don't think legal is worth wasting the money, and I'm reluctant to do that first mod that makes my car visibly illegal either. So everytime I think about it, I just scratch my head and figure I can't win either way so why bother. It would be a HUGE difference in my opinion to be able to instantly peel it right off. "Sorry officer, must have forgotten to take it off after the car show" *PEEL*. I'd probably do just the sides and get legit tint on the hatch since there's no problem with that. Just curious if it stays on as well as it says it does or looks ghetto or anything....it seems like more people would do it if there wasn't a reason why it wasn't as good.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A co-worker of mine installed it in his work truck and the thing keeps peeling off.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it was any good I would do it too . I've wanted to get them actually tinted but like you said it just doesnt seem worth it to get **** from the cops when they already have their eye on one of the fastest cars in my small town
Old 08-17-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The stuff sucks. It holds for awhile but after awhile it starts to fall off usually in a corner.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever try the static cling window tint?