Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering

Has anyone ever lowered there own car or is lowering strictly something for the pros.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not only does lowering a car makes it look a lot cleaner/nicer, it also helps handling. Plenty of people here have lowered their car. I would love to lower my car but with my exhaust, and the shitty roads by me, I'd do more damage then good.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Lowering your car can certainly be done by yourself. I have done it to several cars and its not too much of a big deal. Having a write up for the specific car would pretty helpful and get the job done much faster. You will need to rent a spring compressor from a local auto parts store if you dont already have one. I would look for a walkthrough guide and get busy.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Well now that I know I can lower my own car what size drop would you guys recommend. I'm ordering duals and I have longtubes so would two inches be to much. I never have to drive over speed bumps and the streets around where I live are not bad at all.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly i think a 2 inch may be alilttle to much, but thats just me, remember when your lowered, your driving habits are goin to have to change, you goin to have to start goin sideways alot more, i have to go sideways to get in and out of the drive way alone! and i also rub some on the inner fender wheels
Old 09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my bros this past weekend, so it can definately be done and was told to me, just be patient.
Once you get one of the front sides done, the second will be a breeze. I started on passenger.

Only prob I had was, the nut on the passenger side schock assembly was rusty as hell and I couldnt take it off. Took it to a shop and had them work on it, they had troubles too but eventually got it off. Only 20 bucks, compared to what the shop would charge for all 4.

Quick Reply: Lowering