Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why did SLP cancel the Ultra Z spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why did SLP discontinue the Ultra Z spoiler?

If you go to SLP's site, http://www.slponline.com/projcar.asp and click on the part number for the Ultra Z spoiler, then a message saying, The Part Number Requested(100004) Does Not Exist! Also, if you look at the vendors that SLP deals with such as lmperformance.com, you'll see that the Ultra Z hood is still being sold, but not the Ultra Z spoiler. I really like the Ultra Z spoiler and have seen it in person. It blows away the '98-'02 SS spoiler, but I wasn't sure how it was different from the '96-'97 SS spoiler. Could the fact be that both type of spoiler were so similar that SLP had to discontinue their Ultra Z spoiler to keep GM happy? If not, then why would SLP discontinue such an awesome spoiler? Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited by damon_Z; 09-20-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

because it was ugly and not many people bought it for the amount of money they wanted.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SLP must have only recently cut the spoiler. i saw it on their site last month (no reason for GM to make them kill it, they can't legally anyhow.

The only pics SLP showed it made it look shitty. flat with a slanted wall at the back.

Quick Reply: Why did SLP cancel the Ultra Z spoiler?