Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight motor

Well my head lights are gone! I tried the 180 temp and thye still grind so im guess the the privious owner already did that. well Im going to get the metal gear but I also want new headlight motors. Where Can I get the motors from? I tried GM parts direct but could not find it...
Old 10-01-2005, 04:44 AM
TECH Regular

Call your local chevrolet or pontiac dealer. BUT there going to be very expensive.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

the same thing happened to me while home on leave. My local dealer said I had to buy higher assy. meaning the whole motor at 300+ per motor so I emailed Brent Franker and got the brass gears from him. They worked breat and are still working well according to my uncle.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Teching In

ya my headlights are doing something really weird too. when i turn them off or click my alarm on or off they pop up by themselves then go back down and the motor makes a lot of noise. this seems weird to me .
Old 10-02-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nascar75
ya my headlights are doing something really weird too. when i turn them off or click my alarm on or off they pop up by themselves then go back down and the motor makes a lot of noise. this seems weird to me .
They are going to crap out soon it sounds like. Buy the brass gear, I plan to when my motors start going.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's common when the headlight motors go out. They'll pop up and go back down when you lock or unlock doors or set alarm. They will also pop up when you put your parking lights on. Not all the way over just the parking lights. I put the brass gears in one of mine to fix it and it lasted about six months before the epoxy cracked and it started making the noise again. Took it all apart again..used a liberal amount of epoxy and this lasted about a year before it started grinding the brass gear. Yes, I made sure the motor housing was firmly attached to the plastic gear housing also. Sometimes the tabs holding the motor to the gear housing is loose...factory fitment. This can also lead to stripping of the gear but I covered all the bases and still have issues. I so want to go to a fixed projector headlight but no way am I spending $999.99 for the only kit (breathless) out there. Anyone have any luck fabricating there own? I've searched different boards and seems like everyone gives up making there own fixed lights after a few tries.

Quick Reply: Headlight motor