Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

removing back seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look good. I tried removing mine a couple days ago... didn't go so well. I got the buckets unbolted, and the back unbolted, but I can't get the damn seatbelts undone, and the torx pieces I have suck, they were all busting under the pressure of trying to turn the bolts. I hate those torx heads... why the f*** couldn't they have just used a standard phillips? In any case, those look sweet guys. I can't wait to finish mine. I figure if I make a ledge, then someone can still (uncomfortably) sit in the seat lol.

Kelly, how come yours is so tall? Was there a reason for making it so high, or just preference? Just wondering because I can't quite tell 100%, but I know when I do mine I want it to be about flush with the "hump."
Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing some thing like those in a post here a long time ago. I tried a search but didnt find it. He was actually making them to sell. I think it looks awsome!
Would really like to have that set up. Just too lazy to try it myself.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swedez28
I remember seeing some thing like those in a post here a long time ago. I tried a search but didnt find it. He was actually making them to sell. I think it looks awsome!
Would really like to have that set up. Just too lazy to try it myself.
I bought a set from him when he made that post...dont remember the guys name or anything..it was about 1 1/2 ago....they didnt fit right...i could only get one of the bolts to fit so it would stay in place and the carpet doesnt match...i told him it was the stock ebony T/A interior but it was still off. i still have em in there cause it does look better than having the seats in plus its where my fire extinguisher is mounted.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just took out my back seats last night, it was a pita though.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

The picture's i put in there is from my friend's old car . He makes them i can ask for you. But if you are talking about kiilente's car then i cannot help you. I like killente's one better but if i did that i would use some type of hard cardboard because the Whole ponit of doing this for me would be to do Weight Reduction. Nic

I dunno.... when i look at the pic's to me it just look's like too much extra space. I am not sure if i am going to do it or not.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine sits high because I was following the ledge of the sailpanel. In the first pic I posted, you can see that the box is flush with the 'armrest' part of the panel, I like it better that way. I wanted one smooth piece, because in my opinion the two-piece ones that leave the hump in the middle just look a little unfinished. I think with a one piece like mine, it sort of, almost, just maybe looks like it could have been a two seater from the factory.

Quick Reply: removing back seats