Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

keeping a black car clean :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
two z-6 treatments a week?? damn that must get costly!
Not really, I do the same thing during the show season,(April to October) one after it gets washed, and one when I get to the show, the bottle has lasted quite a while, in fact I'm only on the second one (ran out just before the last show of the season) so the old bottle lasted about 18 months, so figure one bottle a year if you do it year round
Old 10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly I have to ask... is Zaino REALLY that good? I am concidering it ( was going to order some of the car wash and the leather stuff ) but man it's kinda costly but I want nothing but the best for my car...
Old 10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

yeah i can never seem to get my car clean enough. 5 mins after i wash it i don't like how it looks. the only time i like it is after a good wax job when the sun isn't real bright that way it looks even better
Old 10-10-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

two z-6 treatments a week?? damn that must get costly!
It's only 10 bucks for a 16oz spray bottle. You can get many treatments out of 1 one bottle. Also, if you don't like the cost, their website says you may dilute up to a 1 to 1 ratio with distilled water. I use the Z-6 because it has an 'antistatic' component (less dust). When I use it, I wipe it on with one pad (to collect dirt/dust) then wipe it off with a clean pad. Cuts down on car washes as well. And it doesn't take long to do the entire car.

From their website:
"Z-6™ Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" spray is awesome. In addition to helping give your car a three dimensional, its antistatic formula will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%."
Old 10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Yea i have a black ws6 also. I am very picky about it being dirty. Some times it gets so dirty i need to wash it, but usually i can dust it off or z-6 the dust off no prob. I got the zaino kit and it is niceeeee. My car gets at least 2 coats of z2-pro or z-5 a week and multimple z6 spray downs a week. it looks very nice but still, even after a nice zaino job, it still doesnt look perfect i nthe direct sunlight, oh well, but with some sun, thing looks soooo amazing. I would def recommend zaino as it is very easy to use and give stunning results on black cars. ill post a few of my good pics.
Attached Thumbnails keeping a black car clean :(-file0038s.jpg   keeping a black car clean :(-file0039-s.jpg   keeping a black car clean :(-file0040-s.jpg   keeping a black car clean :(-file0032.jpg  

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Damn Superman09 That Car Is Tight Is That Like Right After A Wax Or Something?? Sweet Car
Old 10-10-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

It's good, it lasts, gives a hi gloss shine, blah, blah, blah.
I just didn't care for the way it shined, looked too sterile, as if the car was dipped in plastic, more of a surface shine, as opposed to depth, that's why I went with the Menzerna, not to mention the mixing, (the ZFX "drying accelerator" which is an additional cost)I want to wax the car not play junior chemist, and I don't want to have to wait 30 mins for the damn stuff to dry so I can buff it off
I like the Z6, but not the Z5 or Z2, that's my opinion, and I'm sure the Zainoholics will flame me for saying it's not the god of all car waxes/polishes.
To find what works best for your car, it's just like anything else, you gotta try some different waxes, polishes, sealers, etc etc to find what's pleasing to your eye, and wallet
FYI I've got the Zaino, Menzerna, Mothers, and Meguires Gold Class that I've tried so far, and for me the Menzerna does it. (not to say I won't try something else later on)
Old 10-10-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Start investing in Meguiar's/Mother's quick detailer wax.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Black cars seem to keep finding me...I'm on my third one now. They're a bitch to clean but, MAN, do they look good when they're right!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes black cars do look amazing when clean. I personally love the wet look the zaino gives and keeps its shine for a long time. I also love the smoothe feel and slick look it gives. I have yet to experiment with many others but it does blow away reg tech wax, cali gold and what not. Plus its very easy without needing to buff in an out, just apply and let dry and wipe off. very easy to use and really gives a "wet" look. However now i am curious to try out this Menzerna stuff.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Oh thanks compta5 for the compliments. Very nice to hear!

Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Well I use Zaino and I think it helps out a LOT. even after my car gets dusty and dirty in all the normal areas, ill walk back to my car in the parking lot and it looks shiny as hell. from close you can always see the dust but from a small distance away the zaino seems to do a good job of hiding it
heres some pics i have to show the shiny-ness

btw i gave up on the duster, i just let it get a little dusty then wash it when i want it to look great again

Old 10-10-2005, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

oh and by the way, zaino does an awesome job of keeping its shine. I washed and zainoed the car good when i bought the kit in dec maybe, and have only used the zaino wash to wash my car (many times) and it still looks like i put a fresh coat of wax whenever its clean. after I wash it it has the real wet look still after not redoing it for a long time
Old 10-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a California Car Duster, and it works great, but it did take awhile to get rid of the excess parafin. Every once-in awhile it will leave minor streaks, but I use it once a day between washes, and It keeps it fairly clean.

I also live in the desert, so it is usually dusty within 5 minutes or so of washing it.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

My black car is a 10 footer....hopefully soon I can get it perfect.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

For you all wanting to try Menzerna, here's what you'll get.

Intensive Polish, Final Polish, and Klass All-In-One, along with a coat of S100.

Last edited by adamp; 10-10-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

lets turn this into a black car wax picture contest, cause I want to share a couple more...
heres 2 when my car hasnt been washed for a little bit
notice the finnish to the door, and how reflective it still is, and if you look close you can see dust/dirt but it hides pretty well.

and if this dosent make people want to get zaino I dont know what will

notice the dirt on the top lip of the rear bumper, from driving to the meet, and theres dust behind the rear wheel but it still looks pretty shiny
Old 10-11-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigSteele
lets turn this into a black car wax picture contest, cause I want to share a couple more...
heres 2 when my car hasnt been washed for a little bit
notice the finnish to the door, and how reflective it still is, and if you look close you can see dust/dirt but it hides pretty well.

and if this dosent make people want to get zaino I dont know what will

notice the dirt on the top lip of the rear bumper, from driving to the meet, and theres dust behind the rear wheel but it still looks pretty shiny
What exhaust do you have?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

I want a black car! Actually I'm looking to buy one.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Oh and I've heard Zaino works WONDERS with black cars..... how true I don't know, but I'm willing to give it a try, I've spent more than 90 bucks on car crap already and most of it doesn't work half as good as they say....
Too much money!

Quick Reply: keeping a black car clean :(