Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Any news on the Superhawk hood ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely interested in a Superhawk Outlaw hood when the info comes in.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

I talked to Roger at US Exotics a few days ago and he knew nothing about VFN producing the superhawk, or the superhawk outlaw, not to say it won't happen, but it isn't with his mold.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Guys.
Just wanted to answer everyone's questions/comments:
TA Guy~ this is correct, Roger did not grant us rights to the superhawk hood. We do not have plans on producing this hood only the ws9 that Roger has been working with us on.
01RedWS6 ~ on the mecham hood, if you could pm/email me with pics I could talk to production about the possibility on that project.
COY ~ We will offer the WS9 in both fiberglass and carbon - however, we are not setup to do a cosmetic finish on our products - in which the c/f material shows thru a clear coat finish...our c/f products arrive in a black gelcoat and do require paint. These c/f parts are geared for racers who wish to shave off the
On Status of the WS9 ~ we have a local guy scheduled for test fitting tomorrow (saturday). If all goes well with the test fitment, we should have some pics and a date of availability sometime next week...
If we could get about 9-10 guys interested, we could run a gp on this hood. Not sure exactly what the reg. cost is yet until the test fit is complete and the owner gives me the ok on the price. I know that they will be comparable to Roger's prices on the ws9 hoods.
Thanks everyone!
Jeanie
Old 10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

I seen the question about hte difference between the superhawk and the ws9 here is a ws9

This is my car. I got the last WS9 roger made. It fits amazing.. it actually fits better than factory hoods.. You cant even run a key between the gaps of the fender/hood.

All a WS9 is.. a WS6 Ram Air hood with FUNCTIONAL HEAT EXTRACTORS... Which really set the car off.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thansk for the info, and ditto on the Mecham stylr hood, I would buy that in a heartbeat.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by vfntech
Roger did not grant us rights to the superhawk hood. We do not have plans on producing this hood only the ws9 that Roger has been working with us on.
Jeanie
Can't you just build your own Firehawk with flared nostrils?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, I actually have a WS9 hood that I am going to be parting with here shortly. In short what happened was, from a link on here, i found out that Roger (great guy by the way) was getting rid of his last bit of stock (3) ws9 hoods. I tried to bid on ebay and lost, well he gave me a second chance and I took it. Hood looks great! There was a little bit of manuvering I had to do, I'll attach pictures soon as I get them up on Yahoo or something, like in 10 minutes or so. However, there was a 1/4" gap on the driver's side, so I emailed Roger asked him what we could do, he said, he thinks they were in storage too long, and he will make me a new one! How awesome is that! So now I have an extra WS9 hood. I may put up on ebay if no interest here. So check in there.

There are two pictures of the undeside of the hood from the night we put it on. You will have to do some grinding of the supports, due to the rivets. They are the last two on the slideshow.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/staff2...1hR0DBBhn_Hyrb

Hopefully that works!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So, the question still remains, Any news on the Superhawk hood???

I guess it will be up to Roger if anyone will ever make it again. I can't blame the guy for wanting it for himself and not want to let it go, but it is in my oppionion the best Firebird hood by far.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

When I last talked to Roger, he said he has moved into doing aftermarket Dodge Viper things.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by staff23
Guys, I actually have a WS9 hood that I am going to be parting with here shortly. In short what happened was, from a link on here, i found out that Roger (great guy by the way) was getting rid of his last bit of stock (3) ws9 hoods. I tried to bid on ebay and lost, well he gave me a second chance and I took it. Hood looks great! There was a little bit of manuvering I had to do, I'll attach pictures soon as I get them up on Yahoo or something, like in 10 minutes or so. However, there was a 1/4" gap on the driver's side, so I emailed Roger asked him what we could do, he said, he thinks they were in storage too long, and he will make me a new one! How awesome is that! So now I have an extra WS9 hood. I may put up on ebay if no interest here. So check in there.

There are two pictures of the undeside of the hood from the night we put it on. You will have to do some grinding of the supports, due to the rivets. They are the last two on the slideshow.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/staff2...1hR0DBBhn_Hyrb

Hopefully that works!

I had that problem with the second hood he sent me... if you adjust the fender you can close the gap.. The picture above is with that gap.. since then I have a tighter line than any factory WS6 hood.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

how did you adjust the fender? They have those stupid plastic clips, did you trash those and bolt it in?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vfntech
Roger did not grant us rights to the superhawk hood. We do not have plans on producing this hood only the ws9 that Roger has been working with us on.
Wow. This sucks and is truly a shame. And to think, I just stumbled across this thread and was getting all fired up and ready to call in the morning and plan my road trip to Chicago.

Missing the boat not doing the SH hood, IMO
Old 11-02-2005, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

^^ im with him! i was gettin pretty stoked about this superhawk hood. what are the chances of it being produced?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whos knows since VFN seemed a little confused about their answer...
Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Restricted User

wanted to buy one before summer and Roger said that his molds were al destructed
He could not make any even if he wanted too.
This superhawk was the most awesome ,even more than the firehawk hood it self whix I have now!!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I like it!

Please, produce the Superhawk hood! It's the best hood that I've seen as of yet! Just do it!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

... so ... any updates?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Teching In

this is my superhawk hood

Quick Reply: Any news on the Superhawk hood ?