Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Advice on Fuel Rail Covers for a Turbo LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice on Fuel Rail Covers for a Turbo LS1

'Sup, appearance members. I would like some input on an idea:

1. What do you guys think of the FRC's they sell on Afterthoughtsauto.com, one of the sponsors? They cut them, prep them, paint them, etc for F-body LS1's (They are even starting to do LT1 FRC's). Their pics look badass! I've bought a couple of things from them before with good customer service, price, and delivery. Anybody here bought them from Afterthoughtsauto?

2. My car has an MRM and black theme going. My car is MRM and so are my brake calipers. My rims are black ZR-1's, my rear bumper lower valance is painted gloss black, and my badges are all overlayed in black. My rims have a polished lip and my brake caliper brackets are silver. My BMR stuff is bright red: springs, strut tower brace, LCA's, SFC's, etc. How would the FRC's look in MRM with black lettering?

3. Lines of text can be selected. How would they look with the top reading "Trans Am," the middle reading, "Turbo LS1," and the bottom reading the stock engraving from their former duty as Vette FRC's, "5.7L" with the stripes running along the bottom in black along with the numbers and letters on all three rows?

What do you guys think regarding these three burning questions? Thanks guys.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

1. I've never heard of a single complaint about the frc's from Afterthoughts.
2. I'd do the FRCs in Black with the maple text, and paint the intake maple.
That way you have fenders as maple, black frcs, maple intake, black frc, maple fender.

Instead of alot of maple in a row, just to cut things up and distinguish them.
3. I would do Turbo LS1 and thats it, you dont want to get too much on them.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:46 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
'Sup, appearance members. I would like some input on an idea:

1. What do you guys think of the FRC's they sell on Afterthoughtsauto.com, one of the sponsors? They cut them, prep them, paint them, etc for F-body LS1's (They are even starting to do LT1 FRC's). Their pics look badass! I've bought a couple of things from them before with good customer service, price, and delivery. Anybody here bought them from Afterthoughtsauto?

2. My car has an MRM and black theme going. My car is MRM and so are my brake calipers. My rims are black ZR-1's, my rear bumper lower valance is painted gloss black, and my badges are all overlayed in black. My rims have a polished lip and my brake caliper brackets are silver. My BMR stuff is bright red: springs, strut tower brace, LCA's, SFC's, etc. How would the FRC's look in MRM with black lettering?

3. Lines of text can be selected. How would they look with the top reading "Trans Am," the middle reading, "Turbo LS1," and the bottom reading the stock engraving from their former duty as Vette FRC's, "5.7L" with the stripes running along the bottom in black along with the numbers and letters on all three rows?

What do you guys think regarding these three burning questions? Thanks guys.
I think the red BMR strut tower brace will clash really bad with the FRC if you paint them MRM. I'd agree with Brandon on painting them. Leave them black and do the lettering in MRM.

It's obviously your person choice, but I wouldn't do the three lines of type. I think it will look too busy. Maybe stick to "Turbo LS1" and the "5.7" script at the bottom?

No matter what you do, post up some pics!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

I absolutely LOVE Afterthoughts Auto's FRCs
Old 10-15-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

do ya now?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Well, not as much as your "Boomhower" avatar. I was watching King of the Hill last night at 1:30 in the morning.

Hey, send me some info on this injector wire relo.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 10-15-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow, thanks guys... I would have NEVER thought of black FRC's with MRM lettering and a MRM intake. Hmmmn... Great, now my dilemma has increased possibilities.

These are great ideas to consider. Thanks!