Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Does anyone use their t-top sunshades?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
You must have some tiny *** intersections!
Some of them are just poorly designed.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:11 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

I always have them in both of my cars for two reasons. The temp like others have stated, plus the sun discoloring the interior.

Only a few days a year in Houston where I can removed them and not bake or fade my interior.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

I just went and put mine in for the first time this afternoon, they had never been put in before, I didnt use the velcro, just placed them in and latched the t-tops...I think I am going to leave them in for a while, I like the enclosed feeling.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
I just went and put mine in for the first time this afternoon, they had never been put in before, I didnt use the velcro, just placed them in and latched the t-tops...I think I am going to leave them in for a while, I like the enclosed feeling.
Me too. After seeing all the replies, I tried it out. Wasn't too bad. I left them out since I got my TA 8 months ago because before that, I had a 94 V6 Camaro hardtop for a daily driver for 8 years. When I used to drive my Formula, I liked the light coming through the t-tops. 3rd gen sunshades are really rare to see. So after driving my Formula on the weekend, I wanted my daily driver to have light coming through the tops. But after putting them in today, I'll definitely leave them in for winter.

But now here is a question. I didn't attach the velcro to the t-tops. If I do, will the shades just stay on even when I take the tops off and put them in the trunk? I never put them in because I figured when I didn't have the shades in, I didn't want to see little velcro circles on my tops.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

So wait, let's back the train up just a second. From the factory the shades come packaged up and include the Velcro, but you attach it yourself if desired? When I bought mine I found the shades in the trunk, but there was a single Velcro circle on each T-top for them. Usually the Velcro comes in strips, plus it's really discreet how each T just has one Velcro circle and they're both on evenly so I assumed it came like that from the factory. I don't believe my car had a mod afterall! I guess I'm lucky just to have gotten the shades in the first place. I bet like the old T-top bags on 2nd and 3rd gens, the 2nd or 3rd owner usually won't even know the car ever came with them.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

When I daily drove my car I'd leave them in most of the time. When it got really cold I'd pull them to let more sunlight in to keep the interior a little warmer. Most of the time though I prefer them in. If I want to be open, I'll take the whole t-top out.