Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bubbling on the roof.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubbling on the roof.

I searched and found the TSB on bubbling on the roof and I took my car to the dealership. They are going to call me tomarrow to let me know. My car is an '01 with 24K miles on it. No longer under warranty has seen rain twice in its lifetime and I waxed it every week religiously. What a bummer hopefully the dealership owns up to this. I just noticed the bubbles after it was mentioned in on Oct 14 during the Lafayette, IN meet.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Staging Lane

Dude! I can't believe after we talked about the "bubbles" you have them. Good luck with the dealership. Let us know how it turns out for you.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my roof replaced because of the bubbles. If they give you any trouble you can bring up the rust through warranty which is 6 years or 100,000 miles. Technically it would fall under this warranty since the bubbles are going through the roof. Hopefully things will work out for you.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MaLfUnCtIoN
Dude! I can't believe after we talked about the "bubbles" you have them. Good luck with the dealership. Let us know how it turns out for you.
Thats why I looked harder. I didn't know what they were but they were on identical spots on both the driver's side and the passenger side when I took a closer look I pressed it with my finger nail and sure enough it was the clearcoat..
Old 10-19-2005, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

i think i might have that too, but mine is on the section of roof behind the t-tops.. there is a raised line on it, looks like if the fiberglass was glued to something the glue is lifting... i can't really explain it much better than that. is that what you're talking about???
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1LoudTA
i think i might have that too, but mine is on the section of roof behind the t-tops.. there is a raised line on it, looks like if the fiberglass was glued to something the glue is lifting... i can't really explain it much better than that. is that what you're talking about???
Yeah the roof panel behind the t-tops and in front of the rear hatch.

I have these bubbles that look kind of like pimples about to burst. Also If the car sits in the sun and I come back it looks like a clear liquid (oil,wd40, puss) has come out of it and dripped down.

the **** pisses me off because I have been careful not to get any swirl marks in the paint.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Does anyone have anymore info. on this matter....the bubbles started developing on mine, the only thing is mine's a 99 w/ 138k on the clock. Does my car still fall under the rust warranty?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CarrotcarZ
Does anyone have anymore info. on this matter....the bubbles started developing on mine, the only thing is mine's a 99 w/ 138k on the clock. Does my car still fall under the rust warranty?

I was told by the dealership and by gm customer service (1-800-222-2010) that it is not covered under the rust warranty... However I'm going to the dealership now and they will see if they can "Help" with the financial part of fixing it.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

There a thread about this a few months ago about GM doing a recall on it.. you guys mite be able to find it on gm's website or do a search but im for sure there was a thread about the recall cuz remember checking mine.ill look and try to find someting.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

hope this helps..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=Recall

Quick Reply: Bubbling on the roof.