Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luna
I know my car turns heads, especially when they hear the sounds coming from what they usually think is a V6 Firebird, but I know it turns heads because I used to be one of those turning their heads to look at a firebird / trans am / camaro. I still drool over them whenever I see them
SOOO true. I used to drool over the sight/sound of a nice camaro or trans am. Now I feel at home owning a loud one!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

people comment on my V6....
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i live in one of the richest counties in the states so i guess people are just used to seeing nice cars? i saw an sl500 and sl55 amg on my way to school. no biggie. most people think benzos and bmws are the greatest.. ignorant. cant stand em. i still get lots of looks though.

Last edited by 00firebird; 10-19-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00firebird
most people think benzos and bmws are the greatest..

until they have to work on them....
Old 10-18-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

i cant believe noone else has already put up what im about to. ive had my camaro for about 7 months and ive almost witnessed tons of fender benders, when pulling up to a stoplight. about a month ago a guy in the next lane actually hit the car in front of him at a stoplight, while looking at my car.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:32 AM
Launching!

Thumbs up

The coolest compliments always come from kids. I get lots from adults, but the kids are by far my favorite. Maybe cause it looks like a big "Hot Wheels"..lol. Maybe not, but there reactions are usually pretty funny.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I always notice when im on the main strip when car drives by me I see heads pop out of the car looking back at me or see heads in the mirrors looking back at my car. Also when its time for a night out on the town, my friends always say can we take your car out? When we would be a lot better of in one of their rides comfort wise.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firebird
i live in one of the richest counties in the states so i guess people are just used to seeing nice cars? i saw an s500 and sl55 amg on my way to school. no biggie. most people think benzos and bmws are the greatest.. ignorant. cant stand em. i still get lots of looks though.
Right there with ya, bro. I saw a Lamborghini Mercielago yesterday in Troy, looked, noted what it was, but it wasn't a big deal to see it.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I turn the cops heads, every time I pass one (even doing under the speed limit) I see them give me a nasty look and quickly look at their radar. I always think thats pretty funny.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Of course..it's a WS6
Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Launching!

I always get people starring at the car every time I go out. It's loud as hell, has big wide tires and with the top down and the roll cage hanging out it looks like it's ready to kill something.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Ive gottn alot of attention from the popo.... they love me. But ive seen a few boobies.lol no one likes to comliment they love to hate i guess.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I get alot of comments on the car and on the exhaust (cammed with long tubes, true duals, and Spiral Flows). Alot of "nice cars" from all genders as well as girls giving me smiles and waves and in some cases their phone numbers and wanting me to call them. Most memorable ones though...

-I was at a stoplight next to a 2000ish Buick LeSabre with an old guy behind the wheel. The old guy revved at me wanting me to hit it off the light just to see the car go.

-I was driving down the street and a pizza delivery guy in a Toyota Corolla was trying to get my attention. He did and then he motioned for me to nail it. I did and when he caught back up he was smiling from ear to ear and complimenting me.

-I was driving down the interstate and ran up on an LT1 Z28. He heard the exhaust and he stuck around with me. When traffic cleared I figured he wanted to race so I started the whole "ok, lets go on 3" thing and he said, "No man, this thing ain't got **** on that. We just want to see you hit it." I obliged.

-I was driving down the interstate coming back from Memphis and this guy rolled by in a big ghetto sled (big Grand Marquis). He was bouncing up and down and waving his arm back and forth looking right at me. I thought I pissed him off at first but then I figured out he was just going nuts wanting me to hit it. I nailed it and put a good bit of length between us. He caught up a few miles later and was all smiles and thumbs up.

-I was just rolling down the street and a little kid and his dad were standing on the side of the street. The little kid started tugging his dad's shirt and when he got his attention he just pointed right at my car and they both watched it roll by. That was really awesome.

...and the best one recently that made me smile real big...

-I was idling through the parking lot of Target, cam loping away, and a mom and her two kids cross in front of me. I hear one of the kids say as he walks by, "Mommy! Mommy! That car must have a whole lot of engine in it, huh?"
Old 10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Gotta love the "thats the car i want when i get older" comment from little kids.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I get alot of little kids that just stop and stare..thats always amusing. The best is when im driving along and an LT1 car pulls up next to me, and is just staring. Most of the time they'll catch me at the light and just stare and say beautiful car. Just last week i took my car out for a quick ride..and was coming to a stop light. As i approached the light i saw a 3rd gen camaro hurry up to get next to me. He motioned for me to roll down my window..and just looking the car up and down as he was saying..F-in awesome car! I said thanks and as we left the light he floored his camaro, to which i floored mine and the car instantly got sideways..i looked in my rear view and the kid was jumping up and down smiling and clapping like crazy in his camaro. Lol that was the funniest reaction ive seen. lol
Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, I like it when I'm goin through Wall-Mart's parking lot and some little kid points at my car and says "look mommy". My car looks pretty much stock but silver with the chrome zr1's kicks *** on a sunny day. The sound of mine usually catches their attention, I drive around with an open "Y" all the time. I have had alot of old men ask me if I have a 3/4 race cam in it. LOL Mods in sig.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meissenation
Right there with ya, bro. I saw a Lamborghini Mercielago yesterday in Troy, looked, noted what it was, but it wasn't a big deal to see it.
im over in the livonia/novi/west bloomfield area. ive seen more exotics than i can count on both hands. i wish i had some funny stories like you guys but nothing comes to mind. once i almost got a number from this car full of young dimes. oh well il think of something
Old 10-19-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

The other night I went to wash my car and I had people come up and ask me about the car the whole time I was there. Then when I started it up to pull it out of the bay everyone came out from washing their cars to look at mine. I have it happen all the time when I go to the store or even at work I have people pull in just to ask about the car
Old 10-19-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Makes me sad, not many people look at my car that much. Maybe they do and I don't know it, but I feel I have the one of the cleanest Ls1 TAs around here. But oh well, my car turns my head everytime I park it somewhere.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

the only reason people check out my car is because it sounds mean as hell. It's a plain jane Z just the way I like it

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!