Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have dual 3" c/o's myself w/a 228 or 230 going in next year.....can't wait to vroom, vroom!

Ppl still don't know what a Firehawk is even after 14 years (lol). It's all good, but the damn car gets more attention than me, and that kinda pisses me off sometimes.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had quite a few people compliment my car....some people even stopped their car while driving down the road just to pull up next to me and tell me how nice it is. Funny when people are behind them
Old 10-19-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the when people compliments my car when riding down the street.,When i'm at the front at a red light i see people staring from all directions. I get a lot of stares from all diffrent ages, when a see a kid staring at it, I like to let him hear the exhaust so he'll be convinced he'll be a future f-body owner. I like when a win a race and they catch me up to tell me it sounds awesome, cause tey just got an ear full.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

always turning heads b/c of the exhaust and whatnot.
get a thumbs up or a "badass car man" nearly everyday too!
i love it.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:51 AM
TECH Resident

everyone tells me my car looks great, but i still think it needs a lot of work. Lowering springs, new shocks, polished up headlights and whistler mod in flat black, rear camaro stainless steel inserts, retro Z/28 Badging with black billet grill up front. clear corners with black housing, im debating on gran sport stripes in charcoal metallic or not. As far as performance i need to do a lot still, my car as of right now with the flowmaster catback sounds like a V8 srt-4 lol, i dont like the sound, im sure i will like the sound with Long Tubes and dual electric cutouts. i also wanna go with the center mounted exhaust not only for looks but i like the sound. But besides that people compliment me all the time, especially when shes freshley waxed and the chrome is polished she looks bangin.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
liqour enthusiest

evertime i have my car out i always see people looking at it. the best was when i was at a car show (my car wasnt even in it) and some little kid with his mom and dad came up to my car and said mine was the best. it kind of made me feel good. out of the 60 or so muscle cars he thought mine was the best one there.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by equandt
My Z only attracts cops. WTF?
.... NO KIDDING--mine is a COP MAGNET also--
Old 10-20-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
.... NO KIDDING--mine is a COP MAGNET also--
NBM..... That's why!

Shoulda' gotten Pewter or Silver.......seems Red, Blue and Black they like!
Guess they think ours are slower, and in my case they are correct.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

I have a clean Black WS6.. my dream car as a kid. I'd point/wet myself everytime I saw a really nice Fbody esp. a Black WS6.

It feels so great to be on the reciving end.. everytime I see a kid point out my car to my dad I just picture myself in his shoes.. Such a great feeling. I useally toss them a open y pipe rev and they cheer and smile real big.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I get all kinds of looks from all types of people, and since I live in East Tx, most of the cops know me and the car so unless I'm being stupid, they don't mess with me.

But what I really don't understand, is after people look and point, and it doesn't matter if they're driving a mini van, after reading the plate, everyone wants to race.

Not sure why.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 AM
10 Second Club

mine attracts the eye of one cop in particular... EVERY time i see him he is staring me down... maybe its becuase i have his car haha. its great because he lives by me

i absolutly LOVE how quiet my car is, i was up cruising and these kids in an SRT4 and a Cobalt SS were screwing with me but i wasnt doing anything back, and we came from a stoplight and i just completely owned them. we talked for a while and were like "man i was trying to hear it but i couldnt hear anything, we came to that stoplight and you were just gone. i said to him (points to SRT4 driver) and was like that wasnt a V6"
Old 10-21-2005, 04:14 AM
9 Second Club

I get stares at idling at stoplights all the time
Old 10-21-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Does my car turn heads.....

No...thanks very much....
Old 10-21-2005, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

a cammed ls1 with kooks headers, ory, through a GMMG exhaust turns quite a few heads..... weather they like it or think its obnoxous, it does the trick.
the looks on some of the peoples faces when im sitting in a parkin lot hangin out on a weekend night and i purge...is priceless. compliments come from all ages, male or female. the only thing i hate is when rediculous youngsters with their fart cans ask me stupid questions..my personal favorite.. "Is it fast???" DUH!!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know if I turn heads in a good way or not. Mostly people just see that I'm a teenager and think I'm gonna either race them or do something stupid, so they dont really say anything. I get compliments and stares everyday at school though, even though people see me everyday. All of my friends want to drive it, and want to go for rides in it. I guess that means I get stares. I just need to get some cutouts, and some wheels and maybe that'll get some more looks.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cop Car
mine attracts the eye of one cop in particular... EVERY time i see him he is staring me down... maybe its becuase i have his car
Cop Car: I know exactly what you mean. Last year I had a convoy of 3 new plain white Ford Copcars come up on me. They were being delivered for install of the police package, but it was easy to tell they were interceptors. Anyway, when they came up on me (I was going about 75, they were doing about 80), they slowed down and lined up behind me. We went about 20 miles that way. It seemed like they realized I had a B4C and just wanted to include me in the parade. It looked very cool and I wish I had pictures!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camaroextra

Yeah do you ever notice when your haulin *** down a 6-lane and some people will actually change lanes so i dont have to. Im serious people get out of my way. That never happened in my volvo (turbo bitch)! Maybe its just my imagination.
Thats true. In the Bird people move out of the way 6-7 cars ahead. I feel like I'm parting the sea or something. Driving my Mazda it's like I'm not even there transfers trying to change lanes on top of me.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everytime I drive aorund with my friends in thier cars they say everoyne is always looking at my car. So I let someone else drive my car and I drove my friends 02 Mustang GT and well all everyone did was look at my car and they never once looked at me in the stang. Haha even with the top down I remember when I was a kid riding my bike and the F bodys would go by... Now I know what I looked like. As for the women... Its easy to get them to take this 21 year old from the bar when its parked out front Its gotta be the chrome! Or the man behind the wheel?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Default it does now!!

Finally got some wheels put on that thing and man does it make a difference. The day I put them on, 4 people in four different places told me I have a nice car! Pics on cardomain.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Nearly everywhere I go someone asks about the car. I can't even count the times people have rolled down their window and started talking to me about my car at traffic lights. In parking lots, at restaurants, movie theaters, pretty much anywhere, someone is going to ask me about the car, how fast it goes, or what's done to it. I've had several other car enthusiasts chase me down or follow me wherever i'm going just to talk cars. Honestly if I were in another car and saw my car, I would do the same. This car is sex

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!