Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what an age we live in where the sound of a low boost turbo shooting all its excess boost on deceleration turns more heads than a powerful V8 snarling down the street. I think the trucks are to blame. Everyone has a damn f-150 with a flowmaster, and people can't tell the difference.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

RIGHT!!!!! lol damn f-150's...thats why i need to get rid of my pieceofshitmasters!!
Old 10-23-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

back when i had the v6 with 4 3/4 cowl hood, everyone and their mother was staring, and askin questions. my fav was when i was at a red light, this old beat up 70something z28 pulled of next to me, compliments my car and whata nice z28 it is, i enformed him it was a 6, look was priceless, then he said smoke em! so i did ahh good times
Old 10-23-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Meh, people around here seem to not give a **** and that's fine by me.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i live in a a small town in illinois so i get head turns liek mad. especially since im the only one in these parts with a 97 SS. Theres alot of 98+ but im the ONLY one with a 97. I think i can say that for very certain. Its also got loudmouth, so i dont do a good job of blending in... at all.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

i was getting into my car when this old ladys walks up to me , tells me that she ran to stop a shopping cart from hitting my car, she really liked my car and asked what it was and i told her camaro, she was driving a mercedes.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fact alone that my car is soooooo ******* loud and lopes like a **** gets it a lot of attention. I love it
Old 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Mine does. I went to a swap meet last fall and had a few people come up and ask me where I get it detailed.

I've never been more proud to say "My driveway".

I also had a feel good moment a while back at Hooters. Parked out front (so I could keep an eye on it) and got out. Walked about 10 steps away when I heard "Whoa! Look at that car!" I turned around and it was three guys who had just gotten out of a riced out Accord. They stopped right in front of it and started talking about how clean it was and how deep the paint looks (this was right after I did the Full Menzerna treatment in July). I blipped the door lock button and they all looked around and saw me standing there grinning. They came over and shook my hand and asked me who detailed it.

-Mike
Old 10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

I mainly get ricers and little kids that check out my car. Maybe b/c my neighborhood is filled with both...or because the car looks like a ricer... I get alot of the "SLOW DOWN" screams from the old geezers in my neighborhood that see my car cruising by at 15-20mph.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/100_0546.jpg
Old 10-27-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
i live in a a small town in illinois so i get head turns liek mad. especially since im the only one in these parts with a 97 SS. Theres alot of 98+ but im the ONLY one with a 97. I think i can say that for very certain. Its also got loudmouth, so i dont do a good job of blending in... at all.
where do you live. im in a small town in southern IL. back to the original posts. I get looks. I have a girlfriend so the ladies generally keep the comments to themselves. One tried to convince me that her giving me an oral favor was worth her driving my car...but...my girlfriend is cool and didnt want to mess that up at all. I know it sounds stupid but my girlfriend loves cars and actually knows something about em. she's wanted an fbod for awhile and is saving for one. she wants a 6spd and drives a stick now anyway. I let her drive mine and was surprised at how well she could drive it...so i figure she's a keeper. the other chick really didnt know that much...she was really good looking...but that wasnt worth losing my really ****** cool gf.

i let my mechanic drive it a couple times. he's a family friend and asked if he could take it to pick up his daughter from school. she's 9. he said that she got in and said "so this is faster than most REAL race cars, right daddy?!?" i thought that was hilarious. another compliment i got from my mechanic was when he was driving it out to my garage and i was going to pick him up and take him back to his shop. he didnt say anything but whenever he pulled into the left lane to pass me and was smiling from ear to ear....that was all the compliment i needed. he was the guy who had the 383 s-10 in my sig so he's had some fast vehicles. the s-10 ran a 12.5 with a 2.3 60' so its quick. so i really took the big grin as a compliment.

ive also had the stereotypical kid who just got his PI stang and just think its the most bad *** thing ever try to screw with me on more than one occasion. ill let em take off and ill stay right beside em, and if i like em, ill wave and floor it, or if i dont i just flip em off...and they just stare...its a priceless expression.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

i always get stares and complimants as well.mainly from little kids.its great.they always want me to raost from the stop sign.its cool *** ****.i have some bikers down the street from me and they too are always askin me to roast in front of the house to add some more burn to the collection.and the one dudes wife was beggin me to sell her my car.said nope sorry cant have my baby.
one of my favs tho was when i was at a light and this stang goin in the other direction so it was crossing in front of me the passanger leaned out and yelled sweet ride while the driver revved his motor.sounded good but i had to answer of course,didnt have **** on me.(loudmouth)haha.
and at the same intersection a guy in a monte carlo ss was complimenting me right after that on the car and exhaust tone.
and one nite leavin the bar i came up on a new mustang(05)with some young kid drivin it.i waved at him and nailed it left him way behind.he finally caught up to me and was givin me the thumbs up and nice car compliments.it was great.i love my ws6.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

my rims and lopey cam get my car alot of looks
Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think my car turns heads??????
Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

I get alot of peopling looking at me with anger? i dont know why. Maybe cuz i look like a spoiled little rich kid but i pay every cent and earned every cent damnit!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So it was friday night and i work at a printing company so we can be busy straight for 12 hours. Well i finally got some down time and i was running to the closest taco bell. I'm at this light so groggy and tired t tops down, so i can get some fresh air and i had my music on low and i hear screaming. I look to my right and there are girls screaming and waving "you have such a hot car!!" now i was tired.....i mean tired....i waved and said hi and gave them a little vrrooom vrrooom, and i look ahead again, and then they are still screaming, so i look over and all three girls in the car had their **** out and it nearly gave me a heart attack. I was like, wow, Im never selling this car.

AMEN

i then peeled out and took off trying to catch my breath
Old 11-23-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I race every car out there and if it's a camaro, trans am or corvette, we both wave and there is no hard feelings. Love it. It's awesome knowing you paid every cent of your ride and people stare you down wishing they were you.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know, I never get looks in my black 02 WS6. It can't be me anymore, because the windows are now tinted, and I'm invisible. I have red overlays front to back, Last of the Breed badges, shiny stock rims, SLP Loudmouth, etc. Now my solar gold 78 TA, on the other hand, turns more heads then Jennifer Love Hewitt in a tube top. I notice more people, mainly older guys, checking it out. The very first day I bought her, I was on the street in front of my house, and had 2 complete strangers stop and comment about it. Yet not a word on my 02. Although, everything I do to the 02, I do for MY enjoyment, not so other people can look at it. Personally, I don't care if the only eyes that ever see my car are mine. I do it to make myself happy, so I get a smile when I look at her. If people look or not, screw them. As long as I drool over her or grin when I hit the gas, that's all that matters.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

My '97 does, but its got racing stripes, true duals, CC306 cam, 388cid bottom end and whatnot, lol.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my el camino gets looks everywhere......probably because ppl think I'm about to do somethin with my loud exhaust.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

my car at the time had no apperance mods except for clear corners and exhaust pipes, and it was less that a year old. ok me and my wife the gf met at the laundry mat late on night. we were the only ones doing laundry ( you got to love apartment living) so i parked next to her car right in front of the building. there was the kid in a ragged out jeep that kept driving by, i mean 5-6 times in the hour that we were there. when we left and were outside loading up all the clothes he drives up again and stopes to say the my car is just like his that he had sitting in his garage but can not afford insurance so he has to drive the POS jeep. he goes on to ask me endless stupid questions that anyone with a camaro would know. anyway that is my does your car turn head or does your car have a stalker story.

dustin

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!