Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

will a ls1 center consol fit in a lt1??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a ls1 center consol fit in a lt1??

?????????
Old 11-21-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. There's a peg that's on the LS1 center console that helps with the horizontal rigidity of the console. You can either cut the peg off, or drill a hole through a metal bracket for the peg, and then it'll be nice and stuff and won't move sideways as easilly. The front of the console will be a little different. For one, the carpet won't meet up to the console. Take an old sock and shove it under the carpet and you won't even be able to tell. There's a metal bracket that the 93-96 center console's tape holder bolts to (you'll see the bolt in the center of the tape holder) and it will be visible. To hide wires that run to the shifter plate, and to hide that metal bracket, I took a fluffy snow hat and shoved it back there. It didn't look too bad. In any case, it's a great mod to upgrade to the 97+ console.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it fits good, and looks like its suppose to?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, that's somewhat arguable. Personally, I thought it looked great and I love having the 98+ console. 4 cup holders, two 12v accessory plugs, better cupholder, and the console lid has a metal hinge instead of plastic. All great upgrades. A lot of people don't like the gap, though. Personally, I don't mind it, so I've never had a problem. In all honesty, if I didn't have a 98+ console, I couldn't have done some of my interior mods that I've done.

Quick Reply: will a ls1 center consol fit in a lt1??