Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Show Me You Custom Interior!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005 | 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still working on mine. But here it is as it stands.
Old 12-03-2005 | 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT4vert
I went for the VERY subtle look , hehe . First off , its an entire 2002 ebony interior , dash , plastic and all . Mainly just wanted to get rid of the light grey pontiac switches , YUCK ! The head unit is a Double Din 2003 Vibe in dash 6 disc changer . It in no way shape or form fit . Had to mod the dash , and totally re-make the radio/hvac bezel .

Yes the radio controls worked

Finally , yes it did all work as should
damn dude, i'm impressed. that looks good. what did you get the black window and other switches from? i like that. i dont think i would want another stock radio, although i finally, after two years got an aftermartk HU, but it looks good never the less.
Old 12-03-2005 | 10:54 PM
9 Second Club

damn ive got to get my cpu back up so i can get my pics uploaded.
Old 12-03-2005 | 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Here are some of mine, a bit has chaged and i will update later!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I added an Interceptor gauge besides my Autometer D-PIC gauge. I will post them soon.
Old 12-04-2005 | 01:05 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Thats not an f-body steering wheel either.
Is that steering wheel also out of a Vibe?
Old 12-04-2005 | 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by contraststriker
changed everything from charcoal to black, mesh vents, and silver accents.

seats, carpet, and floormats are changing soon.

not sure if anyone noticed the console was modified.......... the little hole is gone
Old 12-04-2005 | 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

New pics of mine

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-04-2005 | 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
damn dude, i'm impressed. that looks good. what did you get the black window and other switches from? i like that. i dont think i would want another stock radio, although i finally, after two years got an aftermartk HU, but it looks good never the less.
The window switches are straight outa the Camaro . There smaller , so I did have to recontour the bezel with fiberglass to fit the smaller switches . The mirror button , headlight switch ( dimmer is from a camaro ) , fog light switch , and hvac buttons all were painted with a color matched Dupont interior paint with a gun . With flex additive , and hardener it was MUCH more durable than a spray can . I never had a issue with the peeling or wear .

Originally Posted by VIP1
Thats not an f-body steering wheel either.
Is that steering wheel also out of a Vibe?
No it isnt . Its from a 2004 Bonneville . In 04 the Bonneville updated to all black switches so that was pretty convienient . I went with this wheel because the rim is ALOT fatter than the puny stock steering wheel rim and it looks like it could be stock , its the same diameter too . The center hole is different though , its a smaller metric splined hole . The upper steering shaft from the bonnevile , thankfully swapped right over to the F-body column .
Old 12-04-2005 | 03:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chaman
New pics of mine

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I hope those bolts aren't permanent.
Old 12-04-2005 | 03:34 PM
TECH Veteran

For now they are. The thingies that came with the pod are kind of weak. They are stainless steel bolts....kind of like them BTW. They kind of combine with the aluminun accents!!!
Old 12-04-2005 | 03:54 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

No it isnt . Its from a 2004 Bonneville . In 04 the Bonneville updated to all black switches so that was pretty convienient . I went with this wheel because the rim is ALOT fatter than the puny stock steering wheel rim and it looks like it could be stock , its the same diameter too . The center hole is different though , its a smaller metric splined hole . The upper steering shaft from the bonnevile , thankfully swapped right over to the F-body column .
Awesome info. I may look into doing the mod this winter. I like the way that looks, and a nice fat steering wheel is awesome.

Did you buy the wheel and upper shaft from a dealer? What did you do about the air bag? I found a wheel on ebay, but its got no cover or air bag; $100 bucks

Is the fbody and bonneville air bag the same? I would assume its not...

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 12-04-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2005 | 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Awesome info. I may look into doing the mod this winter. I like the way that looks, and a nice fat steering wheel is awesome.

Did you buy the wheel and upper shaft from a dealer? What did you do about the air bag? I found a wheel on ebay, but its got no cover or air bag; $100 bucks

Is the fbody and bonneville air bag the same? I would assume its not...
Interested in this too. Looks like good mod. Any more info I would truly appreciated.
Old 12-04-2005 | 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

I'm with them! ^^ I made a post a while back about wanting to put the new Vibe steering wheel in to the car. something sportier lookin not this granny *** spaghetti wheel we got now. But i have NO idea how to go about doing it. I even asked the guys at my local pontiac dealership and they seemed as clueless as I was. lol Maybe even worse.
Old 12-04-2005 | 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SaintNJ
I'm with them! ^^ I made a post a while back about wanting to put the new Vibe steering wheel in to the car. something sportier lookin not this granny *** spaghetti wheel we got now. But i have NO idea how to go about doing it. I even asked the guys at my local pontiac dealership and they seemed as clueless as I was. lol Maybe even worse.
I have no clue if the Vibe wheel will work . Thats a toyota steering wheel . As far as where I got my upper steering shaft from . I got a good deal on a complete steering column from a 2004 grand prix which had the same shaft as well . Basically any 2002 or newer GM mid and full size car is gonna have this same upper shaft .

Cars that had this wheel in ebony , and also had leather with radio controls .
2000-2005 Bonneville
03-newer Azteks
03-newer Montana vans

If you have a 99 or older TA the 2001-2003 Grand prix's had the same wheel in graphite

For the airbag , I got a airbag on ebay out of a 04 Aztek for $50 . The inflator is removeable . IT just unbolts , unlike ours that are riveted on . No chance of the bag ever going off , plus all the weight of the bag is in the inflator . This wheel and bag are alot lighter than stock .

To get it cheaper look for the less popular cars , cuz your gonna pay more for the exact same wheel , if its got Bonneville SSEi on it over say a Montana or Aztek .
Old 12-04-2005 | 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SaintNJ
I have no clue if the Vibe wheel will work . Thats a toyota steering wheel . As far as where I got my upper steering shaft from . I got a good deal on a complete steering column from a 2004 grand prix which had the same shaft as well . Basically any 2002 or newer GM mid and full size car is gonna have this same upper shaft .

Cars that had this wheel in ebony , and also had leather with radio controls .
2000-2005 Bonneville
03-newer Azteks
03-newer Montana vans

If you have a 99 or older TA the 2001-2003 Grand prix's had the same wheel in graphite

For the airbag , I got a airbag on ebay out of a 04 Aztek for $50 . The inflator is removeable . IT just unbolts , unlike ours that are riveted on . No chance of the bag ever going off , plus all the weight of the bag is in the inflator . This wheel and bag are alot lighter than stock .

To get it cheaper look for the less popular cars , cuz your gonna pay more for the exact same wheel , if its got Bonneville SSEi on it over say a Montana or Aztek .
Old 12-04-2005 | 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

So basically I need the complete column in order to get the shaft unless i find the wheel and shaft wich it'll be more difficult. How about the radio controls, is that a direct swap also?
Old 12-04-2005 | 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Well the newer pontiacs, including the new g6 actually share a similar if not the same steering wheel. So thats where I got the idea.

Any clue if that or a similar wheel is compatible? I dont really know much, I just know I dont like the wheel I got now. lol
Old 12-04-2005 | 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The window switches are straight outa the Camaro . There smaller , so I did have to recontour the bezel with fiberglass to fit the smaller switches . The mirror button , headlight switch ( dimmer is from a camaro ) , fog light switch , and hvac buttons all were painted with a color matched Dupont interior paint with a gun . With flex additive , and hardener it was MUCH more durable than a spray can . I never had a issue with the peeling or wear .

damn, i really like the black buttons. i'm just fine with the stock steering wheel, i actually find it very comfortable but i do like the button idea
Old 12-04-2005 | 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll have a new custom feature to post pics for in the next few weeks, I'm currently working on a fiberglassed headliner that will have my headunit's faceplate molded into it, and the whole thing will be covered in black vinyl.
Old 12-06-2005 | 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by meissenation
the star of my interior would definitely be the carPC, but I got a lot of custom stuff in my interior.

The CarPC:

My headunit is in my glovebox, with a 9 foot extension cable for my faceplate, which currently is mounted in my sunvisor, but I'm fiberglassing my headliner as we speak, and will be molding the faceplate into my headliner shortly.

Carbon fiber center console (gotta redo the lid, tho, cracked it already)

Door panels:

Gauges:

Flamed dash to go with gauges:

And one of my other favorites, 5 LEDs down the center of my headliner (this is prior to me fiberglassing it) which light up when the door opens or when interior lights are on, creates an awesome effect at night:

Here's a cool night pic that shows the LEDs, and the faceplate in my sunvisor.
I'd say the tops would go to the matching black spiral notebook with red top stripe. Nice.

Quick Reply: Show Me You Custom Interior!