Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro owners...Shut up the TA guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive never heard a T/a been called cute either....sinister is more like it or like the guy said above "bad ************"
Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

I own a Z but I like the TA alot to. Ive wanted a Camaro since I was a little boy. It's hard to pick which one I would take if I had to choose. Both great cars. Stock or modded I like them both and am hard pressed to choose one.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

For the LT1 years, TA all the way, the camaro's and firebirds are soft. LS1 years are a different story though. I cant stand the LS1 Firebirds or TA's but in my opinion the LS1 Camaro's are better looking than the 93-97's.
Dont get me wrong, the LS1 TA's do look good and mean, just not as sleek looking as the LT1 TA's.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
out of all the kickass camaro pics on here u pick those 2 to add to your argument?

i love camaros and trans ams seeing how i have had 2 trans ams and 1 camaro. but i do have to agree with this statement. you could have posted better looking camaros like that black ss and the red one with the cowl hood. those look bad!!! i love both cars wish i could have one of each. i personally like camaros with ground effects better. just a plane stock z doesnt look mean to me, but when you add the ground effects and or hood, it comes alive!

Last edited by bowtieforpower; 12-20-2005 at 12:28 AM. Reason: word change
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88monte
yeah, i see a lot of girls driving the trans ams as apposed to camaros. hell i get compliments from everyone about my car.

i have never EVER seen a girl drive a trans am. only a camaro. thats just me though....
Old 12-20-2005, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
Hey DUMBASS I did not pick those two cars... I own those two cars plus 11 others. And people can bitch all they want that my camaros are not that superior to the others on this site in the style catagory (which they are not), but my cars will whip your *** up and down the track all day. EX look at the 572 ci El Camino in My Babies Threat.

geez someone is offended by his disgusting camaros.....LOL thats funny...dude dont get butt hurt!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's mine.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bowtieforpower
i have never EVER seen a girl drive a trans am. only a camaro. thats just me though....
I've got a friend that drives a 2002 Pontiac Trans-AM. No ram air, and it's an automatic. But she's driving a V-8 car. I've driven it myself. She had another 2002 before that one that was destroyed in a wreck, and she had a 1995 Trans-AM before that.

Before that it was all Firebirds for her. However, she's had nothing but F-Bodies (birds) as daily drivers all the way back to the early 1980's.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
I've got a friend that drives a 2002 Pontiac Trans-AM. No ram air, and it's an automatic. But she's driving a V-8 car. I've driven it myself. She had another 2002 before that one that was destroyed in a wreck, and she had a 1995 Trans-AM before that.

Before that it was all Firebirds for her. However, she's had nothing but F-Bodies (birds) as daily drivers all the way back to the early 1980's.

ok. that still doesnt change the fact that i have never seen a girl drive a trans am.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This a bad ************....and a beauty....

Old 12-20-2005, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

I had a 94 Z28 untill Feb. When I was looking for my next F-Bod it HAD to be a Trans Am or WS6. Found a TA for the right price. Even with out the Ram Air hood, I like the entire look of the TA better. Even the interiror. To me, the seats are beter, and I prefer the TA dash look.

Like some one stated already, the fact that a Z28 looks JUST like a regular V6 (plain in stock form) didnt work for me. I do like the SS with the right set up though. If the TA would have looked like a regular firebird, then I wouldn't be driving it.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't take the time to read through all 12 ( ) pages of this, just the first couple and the last one, but I saw enough to make the following comments:

It appears to me that the Camaro owners seem to think the Camaro's look better ( ) and the Trans Am owners seem to think the Trans Am's look better ( ). Is that really hard to believe or understand?

I think my car looks good. It needs a little TLC, but I love it. I also think SOME Camaro's look good, some look great and yes, there are Camaro's that look better than my Trans Am.

I think it would be ignorant for anybody to say ALL Trans Am's are "foo-foo" or "girly" (I have seen more driving V-6 Birds than T/A's, but there is a girl from here that drives a '00 FireHawk too, so...)

It would also be ignorant for one person to say that Camaro's are better looking or Trans Am's are better looking. It all depends on how far one is willing to take their appearance modifications. I prefer to go faster myself.

IT IS ALL A MATTER OF OPINION, PERIOD!!!

That being said, My TA looks better than your Camaro!!!

Taco
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

LOL, lamest thread ever. PERIOD
Old 12-20-2005, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00BLKSS#77
Well now let's not forget that if it wasn't for the Camaro there would be no Trans Am. Remember even though they are basically the same car the Camaro Z/28 came first. Also whats all this comparing to a V6? What the hell do you think a Formula looks like.

what?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by paper doll
what?

the formula looks like a firebird (V6). the formula however, is equipped with a v8.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

or maybe the firebird body style is what it looks like? its a firebird formula, and the ultimate sleeper car, no show all go
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 00BLKSS#77
Well now let's not forget that if it wasn't for the Camaro there would be no Trans Am. Remember even though they are basically the same car the Camaro Z/28 came first. Also whats all this comparing to a V6? What the hell do you think a Formula looks like.
Dude check your history. Its true the Camaro came first but in the early days they shared only some sheet metal. Engine wise it was another story. Pontiac was the first using really big displacement engines (ex. 400). It was in the transition years from 2nd gen to 3rd gen that Pontiac quitted doing engines and adopted the Chevy engines. Also in 1975 Chevy discontinued the Z28 in a very lame move but Pontiac kept the TA going. IMO the Pontiac f-body has earned kind of a mystical shroud around it. It has been the TA the one pictured in movies, TV series and so on...why? due to his bad ***, bad boy attitude. Is it better than the Camaro?? Its a matter of opinion, that's all. They are both great cars!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fa18007
I hate the fact that Z28s look exactly like V6s (except for a badge). The SS is the only good looking camaro IMO. A camaro guy has to try pretty hard to stand out and get the looks from people that a guy with a stock freshly washed ram air TA gets. Truth hurts.
What the crap is this guy talking about. Last i checked the V6 firebird looks a ton like the trans am and the formula.

But seriously guys, isnt this the 'LS1 Tech.com' website?? Aren't we all here because we all love the LS1 which all of us 4th gen guys have, no matter if we have the Chevrolet or Pontiac body (Don't worry we love you LT1 guys too)? They are exactly the same except for the body, which means we all drive amazing cars. So, we buy the body that we prefer, and will of course like the body we bought more than the other, that is why we bought what we did, duh! So, this thread and topic will never die if we all dont learn to get along!! We all need to respect the guy who enjoys the same power that we do!

I think that we should all agree with each other on that and not divide our own family (We are all brothers and sisters in what we call the GM family)! We all just need to team up on all the Fo Mo Co and rice guys out there and trully show them whats up!!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DamanSS
But seriously guys, isnt this the 'LS1 Tech.com' website?? Aren't we all here because we all love the LS1 which all of us 4th gen guys have, no matter if we have the Chevrolet or Pontiac body (Don't worry we love you LT1 guys too)? They are exactly the same except for the body, which means we all drive amazing cars. So, we buy the body that we prefer, and will of course like the body we bought more than the other, that is why we bought what we did, duh! So, this thread and topic will never die if we all dont learn to get along!! We all need to respect the guy who enjoys the same power that we do!

I think that we should all agree with each other on that and not divide our own family (We are all brothers and sisters in what we call the GM family)! We all just need to team up on all the Fo Mo Co and rice guys out there and trully show them whats up!!!!!

For my $0.02 I'd just like to say I had my heart set on a ram-air TA until I pulled in and saw my Hugger Orange '99 Z28. I've always been a camaro guy but the LS1 ram-air TA's really turned my head when they came out. Still do and I'd love to have one, maybe someday I will. But I love my HO Z28 and wouldn't trade it for anything. While the SS is cool without a doubt, I love having a Z28. The SS badge has been on many many many models. While GM has used the "Z" with other numbers, anyone slightly knowledgeable about cars knows what a Z28 is. I think the name "firebird" is a bit feminine, but I've seen a couple other HO '99 camaros with 6 bangers and no badges that looked pretty feminine too. A TA in the right color, very manly and mean looking. Get a hot woman behind the wheel of one of those, look out, she'll eat you alive! We are all part of a family, lets ford and chrysler bash instead.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Quick Reply: Camaro owners...Shut up the TA guys