Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Should I keep the red?
Keep the red it just works
63.77%
Go green!
36.23%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide keep the red or go green! *pics & poll*

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meissenation
The shame is that everyone can't post their appearance mods. Steve and them can all post their subtle appearance mods, who's going to flame them? There's no reason for them NOT to post their appearance mods. What's a shame is that people can't post ideas about different appearance mods without getting flamed. Yes, Silver02TA has a nice car himself, no one's denying him that. The shame is that so many people here have to be disrespectful and rude when it comes to giving their opinion on someone else's idea or mod. It's one thing to say "I dont think either of those colors would look good" and it's another to say "they're tacky as ****. " One is just giving an opinion in a mature fashion, the other's just immature and rude. If you can't appropriately give your opinion without being rude and disrespectful to the original author of the post (and I'm speaking in general here...) then that's a major problem, especially when it seems to be occuring on a regular basis with some of the people that visit this site. It's a real disgrace that people can't come on here and feel free to share their appearance mods without wondering whether or not their idea is going to turn into a bashfest. I myself couldn't care less, bring it on, hell I have a thread just for people to bash, but some people are just turned away from this forum by the level of constant bashing that's going on with appearance mods. Halos are rice, the dick harrel spoiler is rice, bodykits are rice, the WS6 hood on the Camaro is rice, this is rice, that is rice. It's disgusting. The funny part is that leaving your hood painted black would be considered rice here because oh god the import crowd does it, but the Berger panel is Yeesh.
Amen. Neither color is what I would do personally, but still, it's his car, not mine, and that is the point. It's one thing to disagree with it, but it's another to totally dismiss it. The point of a forum is to share ideas and the like, so open-mindedness should be involved somewhere.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by meissenation
The shame is that everyone can't post their appearance mods. Steve and them can all post their subtle appearance mods, who's going to flame them? There's no reason for them NOT to post their appearance mods. What's a shame is that people can't post ideas about different appearance mods without getting flamed. Yes, Silver02TA has a nice car himself, no one's denying him that. The shame is that so many people here have to be disrespectful and rude when it comes to giving their opinion on someone else's idea or mod. It's one thing to say "I dont think either of those colors would look good" and it's another to say "they're tacky as ****. " One is just giving an opinion in a mature fashion, the other's just immature and rude. If you can't appropriately give your opinion without being rude and disrespectful to the original author of the post (and I'm speaking in general here...) then that's a major problem, especially when it seems to be occuring on a regular basis with some of the people that visit this site. It's a real disgrace that people can't come on here and feel free to share their appearance mods without wondering whether or not their idea is going to turn into a bashfest. I myself couldn't care less, bring it on, hell I have a thread just for people to bash, but some people are just turned away from this forum by the level of constant bashing that's going on with appearance mods. Halos are rice, the dick harrel spoiler is rice, bodykits are rice, the WS6 hood on the Camaro is rice, this is rice, that is rice. It's disgusting. The funny part is that leaving your hood painted black would be considered rice here because oh god the import crowd does it, but the Berger panel is Yeesh.
1: People have opinions. Dont post asking for them if you dont want to hear them. "If you cant take the heat..."

2: There is a big difference between something not looking good and something being "tacky as hell." You are hellbent on trying to preach the gospel of "different is better" but there is a good and a bad way to go about it. I'm sure alot of the ideas out there now that are considered "must dos" by alot of people started off with a mixed reaction from alot of people, until people got used to seeing them and really appreciated them for what they were.

3. Lastly, if its your car (or Luna's car, or Joe Blow's car) who cares whether someone says it doesn't look good or it = . Do what you do for yourself and to hell with everyone else.

Basically bright, flashy stuff like lime green on black screams "LOOK AT ME" and alot of people (myself included) prefer a more subdued, clean look. The beauty is in the details, not the stuff that jumps out and catches your eye. There are alot of "head turners" out there, and I'd say well over 50% of those are "head turners" in a negative way. As much as I hate to relate it to age, it seems the classic smooth look is a bit more mature whereas the bold and bright look is more immature styling efforts on the part of the younger crowd to get attention (just like loud stereos are for alot of younger people).

Look at classic muscle cars and the pro touring rides of today. You can conform to the basic idea of what a good looking car is and still maintain plenty of individuality. The receipe for a good looking car is usually a main color, a subdued accent color, clean body lines and nothing that jumps out too much. Let the stance and the wheels do the rest of the talking and you've got yourself something amazing looking. When you get too "busy" with a car it ruins things in alot of peoples eyes.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josh99ta
1: People have opinions. Dont post asking for them if you dont want to hear them. "If you cant take the heat..."
That's great to have opinions, but people can display those in a mature fashion, rather than being rude, immature, and inconsiderate. This forum seems obsessed with bashing one another, rather than a community where you can openly share opinions in a positive manner where everyone can gain from the opinion expressed, rather than being a negative "troll" that bashes everyone's idea that they disagree with.
2: There is a big difference between something not looking good and something being "tacky as hell." You are hellbent on trying to preach the gospel of "different is better" but there is a good and a bad way to go about it. I'm sure alot of the ideas out there now that are considered "must dos" by alot of people started off with a mixed reaction from alot of people, until people got used to seeing them and really appreciated them for what they were.
Correction, hell bent on preaching that all mods, one and alike, should be respected by fellow enthusiasts. True fbody enthusiasts can, and should, appreciate all aspects of the community. I respect those that concentrate on the performance aspect just as much as I respect those that want to do something different. I don't respect those that thing performance is the only way to go, and then come into an appearance forum and bash any and all mods that aren't in gear towards performance and such. Likewise, I don't go into performance forum and bash all of their mods and hard work.

3. Lastly, if its your car (or Luna's car, or Joe Blow's car) who cares whether someone says it doesn't look good or it = . Do what you do for yourself and to hell with everyone else.

Basically bright, flashy stuff like lime green on black screams "LOOK AT ME" and alot of people (myself included) prefer a more subdued, clean look. The beauty is in the details, not the stuff that jumps out and catches your eye. There are alot of "head turners" out there, and I'd say well over 50% of those are "head turners" in a negative way. As much as I hate to relate it to age, it seems the classic smooth look is a bit more mature whereas the bold and bright look is more immature styling efforts on the part of the younger crowd to get attention (just like loud stereos are for alot of younger people).

Look at classic muscle cars and the pro touring rides of today. You can conform to the basic idea of what a good looking car is and still maintain plenty of individuality. The receipe for a good looking car is usually a main color, a subdued accent color, clean body lines and nothing that jumps out too much. Let the stance and the wheels do the rest of the talking and you've got yourself something amazing looking. When you get too "busy" with a car it ruins things in alot of peoples eyes.
I couldn't care less about what people say about my own car, it's the other folk that come into the forum that don't post here that often, post up some thread and then it turns into everyone claiming it's rice. In any case, you entirely missed the point of my post. People can have opinions, but the bashing and negative posts are bad for the community and the forum alike. As someone else stated above, spread open-mindedness. If you want to post that you don't like it, by all means go ahead, but do it in a positive way that doesn't leave you looking like a close-minded person with no respect for other's opinions.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FLAWLS1T/A
We tend to think the same....
imo, there both ****** ugly
Originally Posted by 5550racing
You can call me a troll too... Everything this guy has said about someones car I fell the same way about. This one is no different. In my opinion there is no reason why you should go with an off the wall green color just because it is "different". The red looks just as bad as the green... Whats the point in painting the non functional vents red anyway?
Silver02TA... Your car is ****** beautiful! In my opinion everything you have done to that car is perfect... not overdone... It's just right! Slowly im going for the same look with my silver ws.6
Originally Posted by TA4U2NV
Actually, he has the best looking Trans Am on this site. Green is terrible, but red and black are extremely overdone as well, so go get some metal inserts.
Originally Posted by hawgs
Everyone bitching at Silver02TA for having good taste in cars is exactly whats is wrong with this section. It used to be a great section where people like Steve2000SS, MadIce, and Xsta Z 28 used to post about their clean and subtle appearance mods... now there are threads about people wanting to use lime green decals on their cars. It's a shame.
thanks guys
Old 12-21-2005, 04:11 PM

The bottom line is that there is a difference in the way things are interpreted. You see it as bashing because, while you maybe dont care, other thin-skinned people might. I'll talk to Joe Blow that I dont know the same way I'd tell to any one of my friends that was thinking about doing the same thing. He can take it or leave it.

Ultimately birds of a feather flock together. The majority around here likes clean, tasteful cars. New ideas that look good are usually received very well. New ideas that stick out like a sore thumb (like red or green side vents on a black car) usually aren't. People with tacky taste usually dont stick around because they get "bashed" for their style. Just the way the cookie crumbles. Get in where you fit in.

I guess I'm not a "true car enthusiast" though.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

One of my favorite quotes. I can easily appreciate the work someone puts into their car and still call it ugly as hell in the same sentence. If someone cant handle that, they either need to get some thicker skin or turn around and exit stage left. Either way it goes I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinion and most any self respecting man would probably agree with me on that one.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

can't we all just get along
Old 12-21-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am relatively new to the forum (less than a year) and I am to the point of rarely posting anymore because of this BS (that and I got screwed on an engine deal). I completely understand trashing cars (because I do plenty of it but not publicly, yeah it might be hipocritical but much less TACKY) I know as Thick Skinned as you may say you are if a random person walked up to your car and started saying it was the ugliest thing he had ever seen straight to your face you would be offended. I was raised with hot rods and have seen about everything (my dad builds hotrods for a living if you've seen any pics of my car the other 2 in the pics are some of his most recent works). So I have to call BS on your bright colors are immature colors, because one of the main proponents of my car being Lime Green (much like a very popular muscle car of the 70's) was my dad.

This whole post was a question for your opinion on green or red, he didn't ask what you thought of the mod. Yes, I don't like the random painted accents but he was looking for an A or B answer there was no C (both is tacky as hell) choice.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I agree, in this case, Luna asked for a vote. Red or Green. And most have voted in his poll. Now the whole bashing thing in general is kinda iffy. To use a phrase, "If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything." It really does bother some of these people when they see something they think is rice or just don't like. If you don't like it, move to the next thread or forum. Why hit that "Post Reply" button and chop somebody down when it is not needed? Now if they ASK for an opinion. Come out with guns blazing.
Somebody may post "Check out my new LS1." and they post pics of their car and you see something you don't like, don't bother replying. But if someone posts "What do you think of the TVs in my headrests." I guarantee 95% of the people here wouldn't like it at all, including myself. Look. He's asking for an opinion. Open fire!

As for this "tough skin" thing, some people are not affected by shitty comments, some are. But either way, it is a total lack of diginity and respect towards another person and fellow LS1Tech member to openly bash it cause you don't agree with it.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I appreciate some of your back up Meissen I think some of the comments were rude but Im not going to complain about it. Although I dont see why its so difficult to say I dont like either instead of They're both tacky as hell. I am just asking for some input I'm not saying hey this is what I'm doing to my car what do you think of it?!

But after looking through some ideas for another color scheme I have found that nothing looks as good to me as red on black and thats all that really counts. GrnDragon also makes a good point if some of you would have said these things to me in person like oh they are both tacky as hell I would be very offended. I dont think theres any reason why these forums should be treated much differently than if you were talking to someone in person
Old 12-22-2005, 08:42 AM

In response to the last few posts...

Luna, its your car so you need to do what you want to do. Even though your current color scheme is almost flip-flop of mine (black on red, whereas you're doing red on black) it's just not my style (like I said, black is a tough color to compliment and I dont think other colors work well on it, you're pretty much limited to flames or metallics like silver, gold, etc). Furthermore, I think the sidevents stick out like a sore thumb, but it's not too bad overall. The green on the other hand is tacky IMO, and thats exactly what it is, my opinion (because thats what you asked for when you posted this poll). Whether on a message board or in person, I'd tell you that just like I'd tell any of my local friends the same thing to their face.

GrnDragon, there are exceptions to every rule, and there are certainly some awesome cars out there that are lime green and all other kinds of crazy colors, nothing wrong with that. Ultimately it comes down to one principle, there is a right way and a wrong way to do something tastefully, and that is alot harder to pull off with bright colors.

And if someone came up to me telling me my car was the ugliest F-Body they'd ever seen I'd know that would be their opinion and I'd also know I didn't care about their opinion, so it wouldn't bother me one bit. Same way some guys like skinny chicks, some guys like thick chicks, some guys like blondes, and others like brunettes. I do to my car what I like and what fits my tastes and what the next man thinks really isn't that important to me.

I'm not upset at anything, and have no problems with anybody. Its an internet message board for the love of corn! You people get so bent out of shape on this stuff and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Its a car and it isn't even your own.

Anybody who spends any amount of time in here knows meiss' opinion. I can open any "questionable" thread and pretty much figure I'll see meiss preaching about being opened minded regarding different mods just like I can be in Wheels and Tires and open any thread related to drag wheels and know that steve10 from SJM is going to be preaching about Bogarts. As much as the bashing and "rice" calling gets old, so does the preaching. People ask for other's opinions on things, thats just what they are going to get. Grow some thicker skin and get over it.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

'Amen' Josh, ...

Now, back to the topic at hand, ...

Green =
Red = Hmmm, well, ..., it's up to you.

But let's get off this back & forth messaging & stay on topic.

Better yet, Lock it up, Stick a fork in it, The thread is overdone.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Ill post my opinion. Im a black/red man myself. I think it looks great because its sort of dark, yet noticeable. Def keep your red, or if your into trying something new, i say try out like a black/midnight blue combo. That would be cool i think, dark yet still noticeable. Hope this helps.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-22-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Green looks cheap and toyish, IMO. I have always liked black and red even though people say it's done too much. I think I would have to put the side vents back to black though.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok in the interest of keeping this thread useful. Here are some pictures for you to sit on...

With red vents....

or without red vents...

Quick Reply: Help me decide keep the red or go green! *pics & poll*