Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN WS9 Outlaw test fit was today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea if VFN is also going to produce the "regular" WS9 hood along with the WS9 outlaw? I would prefer the "regular" WS9 over the outlaw hood...just my opinion...Thnx
Old 12-19-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
no..the decals say firebird in firehawk font..... how is that posing? i never cut the front end and im the only owner of the vehicle.
Okay fine, my mistake, ...
Old 12-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

EDIT: NM, got it to work.

Looks mean. Any car sporting that hood needs the ***** to back it up IMO. Looks like good quality. Hopefully they make a regular and outlaw version of the WS9.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Hello everyone... This is my first time actually posting here on the board, but I've been visting the site for years on a daily basis, simply because it's the best there is, hands down. I wanted to jump on here and wish VFN lots of luck with the WS9 Outlaw production. I know that it'll be top quality, that's why I wanted them to take over the production on it.

Just to clear something up here that I've gotten alot of emails about... I never SOLD anything to VFN, I approached them becasue I wanted them to take over on the production of some of my hoods, since I have been moving heavily into the dodge viper market and didn't think that I'd be able to take care of all my f-body customers anymore. I chose VFN because I was familiar with their quality and their heavy involvment with f-body owners on the boards (even though they build parts for many many other applications, they make the time for the f-bods ), and I knew that they'd provide the best service to the great f-body owners that I've relied on and served for years.

Also... another issue I wanted to address was that I never sent them my production molds. I sent them my original prototype for my WS9 hood, along with a "bad" WS9 Outlaw hood. I had a bad run of hoods earlier in the year, and the outlaw hood that I sent them was one of those out-of-shape hoods, but I had already told them about that before I sent it. The intention was that they'd use only the raised scoop section of the hood to apply to a new prototype, then build a new production mold from that prototype. I just wanted to make that clear since reading Phantomzer0's comment about fitting the hood that I sent them, and how bad it was... it was supposed to be a bad hood, they were originally just going to cut the scoop out and mount it to another hood to create the new prototype. That bad run of hoods was unfortunate, but I never turned my back on any of those customers, and did whatever I could to make things right. I have since built a full-proof assembly jig here that has yeilded perfect fitting hoods every time, so... no more funky hoods...EVER

I do still own all of the original molds here. Since I've always sold my hoods with lifetime warranties, and I wouldn't want to have something go wrong with one of my hoods in a few years and not have the ability to replace it. So... if there are every any warranty issues, I'll still be able to accomidate my customers. I have brought the WS9 and WS9 Outlaw back into a short production run and have been selling them on ebay recently, but I was only doing that since I've had some time available here at the shop, and I knew that VFN hadn't gone into production yet with them. When VFN gets their's into full production, I will not be advertising them anymore, these hoods will be their babies then

Well, I'm sorry to interrupt the thread here, but I really hope that you guys all reward VFN with your business for working with the site members on such a personal basis. You've always got Jeanie's ear when it comes to suggestions, and that's a very cool thing. As far as I go, I'm not totally finished with the f-body market... I'm going to be debuting some new stuff soon, they're just going to be more expensive, and built on a very low-volume basis to allow me the time to work on those huge dodge viper hoods here...lol. I can tell you one thing right now... the Superhawk Outlaw is finally going to be a reality in a matter of weeks ... I couldn't resist letting that news slip. Thanks alot everyone.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry roger, i wasnt trying to bash you or anything, i was just trying to describe how much of a better fit the vfn version is, and how much they have improved on your original. =P
Old 12-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
sorry roger, i wasnt trying to bash you or anything, i was just trying to describe how much of a better fit the vfn version is, and how much they have improved on your original. =P
You don't need to apologize at all, I know that you didn't know about it... I just didn't want you to think that the hood you saw was a typical example of my work... especially with sides that stick up an inch above the fenders...lol
Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 12-19-2005, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Roger is a stand up guy as you can see since he's still producing a small amount of hoods for us Fbod guys
Old 12-19-2005, 04:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It's such a positive thing to have someone like you Roger as a member of our F-body community. The fact that you care enough about us 'enthusists' to help another company manufacture something you worked to create is a true testiment of what a gentleman is.

I speak for everyone here when I say THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Teching In

I really appreciate the comments guys... You have no idea how much I've enjoyed being invloved with the f-bodies. I began building parts for them because that's what I owned and that's what I was in to.... I never expected to get to deal with so many great people. I've definitely made alot of friends that started as customers, so I can't totally turn my back on this market... I have a feeling that I'll be around here for a long time in some capacity.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just won one of Rogers WS9 on ebay!!! ....sorry but I couldn't wait for VFN (plus I wanted a non-outlaw)
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

I just got a ws9 outlaw hood from ebay today.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

you guys are going to love the hood! i fell in love with it and it was only a test fit
Old 12-20-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by white2001ta
I just got a ws9 outlaw hood from ebay today.
I saw that auction
Old 12-21-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roger@U.S.Exotics
the Superhawk Outlaw is finally going to be a reality in a matter of weeks ...
THERE IS A GOD!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

What a nice x-mas present!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

What's the Superhawk Outlaw?
Old 12-23-2005, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by saxd
What's the Superhawk Outlaw?
Its the best looking F-body hood ever, but only 4 were ever produced.

Also, I have to say the fit and finish of Roger's WS9 outlaw is quite good, and his customer service is second to none
Old 12-23-2005, 05:47 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So anymore news??? I'm trying to keep this up top. I'd love to see those Superhawk Outlaw hoods as well.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink

Originally Posted by Roger@U.S.Exotics
I really appreciate the comments guys... You have no idea how much I've enjoyed being invloved with the f-bodies. I began building parts for them because that's what I owned and that's what I was in to.... I never expected to get to deal with so many great people. I've definitely made alot of friends that started as customers, so I can't totally turn my back on this market... I have a feeling that I'll be around here for a long time in some capacity.
HEY! Who let you in here?

Quick Reply: VFN WS9 Outlaw test fit was today!